UK.Match.com is the UK version of the popular site in the United States, Match.com. Rest assured, the Match.com brand is one of the most powerful in the business, and this UK version is the best the doctor ordered. Match UK Free – Create a profile, upload a photo, search/browse/watch profiles, receive messages, send messages to Connect members, use Shuffle limited. Premium – Unrestricted use of Shuffle, see who has visited or favorited you, start live chats and message with anyone, customer support. Extras. The design and features of the website are among the best, which does make joining a little pricey. However, if you are serious about finding love and a relationship that could lead to marriage, you really couldn’t find a better dating site than eharmony. Sign up Process.
Sponsored 10 Amazing, Fun & Interesting Facts About United Kingdom United Kingdom, officially known as United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a sovereign state located at north-west Europe.
United Kingdom has four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Let us know some interesting facts about United Kingdom Interesting Facts About United Kingdom #1: Drink Drink • London has the credit for the first hot chocolate store ever opened.
• The English drink the most tea in the world. • It is against the law to get drunk in a pub in England. • In Scotland, it is against the law to get drunk and possess a cow. #2: Name Forms • The conventional long form of the United Kingdom is United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Great Britain includes England, Scotland and Wales. • Many people use just the abbreviation UK. • The conventional short form is the United Kingdom. #3: Landscape • UK mostly has knife edge ridges and high grounds with valleys in between. Thick glaciers from the Ice age are responsible for such a terrain. • Almost 75% of the land in the UK is taken for farming.
• The highest point is Ben Navis at 1,343 m and the lowest point is -4m at The Fens. #4: Firsts • The United Kingdom happens to be the first industrialized country in the World. • Polo, soccer and Rugby were introduced to the world by the UK. • The British invented the world’s earliest railways.
• John Walker invented the matches in 1827. He was British. #5: Famous Architecture • The Buckingham Palace has its own police station. • The largest Royal home is the Windsor castle. • Big Ben refers to the bell and not the clock. • There are 28 world heritage sites in the UK and 4 in London. These include The west minister palace, The tower of London, Maritime Greenwich, Kew Botanical gardens. These interesting facts about United Kingdom Architecture are are really exciting.
Sponsored #6: Tube & The Underground • In all of Western Europe, Angel tube station has the longest escalator. • About 409 escalators are there in the subways. • London bags the first place to have an underground subway system. • The tube route from Leicester Square to Covent Garden can be covered quicker on foot. However this seems to be the most popular route tourists take.
• The tube route also happens to be the costliest and unreliable. #7: Artists • Nelson Mandela called the spice girls his heroes when he met them. • The Beatles originally called themselves the Blackjacks and then the Quarrymen. • There is no portrait of William shakespeare painted, when he was alive. • To make a billion dollars from writing books has been achieved by JK Rowling.
• From Canterbury to London, the bus route that Ian Flemming took inspired the 007 for James Bond. #8: Bridges • According to history, the London Bridge had indeed fallen down according to the old rhyme, when the Saxons had torn it down using ropes and boats. • The Thames has over 200 bridges and tunnels along its course. #9: Animals There are some interesting facts about United Kingdom related to animals: • In Medieval England, animals were tried for their crimes and even punished for them.
• Pygg meant clay in Olden days. People stored their coins in these clay jars which later evolved to piggy banks. • The Mute swans are officially owned by the Queen. • The driver of the vehicle who kills a deer cannot eat it, but the person sitting beside can do so. • The chickens outnumber the humans in UK. #10: Post • The United Kingdom is the only union to not have its name on post.
• To paste a stamp that has the Monarch’s face upside down is considered treason.
best facts about dating websites free uk 2017 - 10 Best Dating Sites (2018)
Dating Direct main information Dating Direct was created to provide a fun and secure dating environment for European singles. The biggest part of users are citizens of United Kingdom (UK). Most of them are from England & Scotland. But still there are plenty from Wales & Ireland.
The dating agency was established in 1998. Since that time it has been evolved into the platform where quality single adults who share common goals. Here they can make friends, date, form relationships and find life partners. DatingDirect is one of the UK’s largest dating service with over 5 million active members.
Making a detailed DatingDirect review we noticed that they provide high level online dating service with the quality support. DatingDirect main features One of the most interesting features that the DatingDirect website provides is a full contacts control. This means that you can: • Enable the mode: “Unavailable”. It is helpful if you are away of your computer or simply want to browse the website without being contacted.
• Advanced Contact Filter. You can choose essential parameters of members that are allowed to contact you. For example you can set a criteria for members only with photos filter by age etc. Users that do not meet your requirements cannot contact you. • “Blacklist”. This feature allows you to block specific users from contacting you. DatingDirect extra features Another great feature is a matching algorythm.
Once the member provides personal information the matching system recommends the best profiles for you depending on your personal info and your preferences.
Also it takes into the account the successful cases of members with similar accounts. DatingDirect review would not be complete without the notification feature. Every day the member receives a letter with six candidates, which might be interesting. Additional DatingDirect services Also the dating agency provides offline events services. These are DatingDirect nights and DatingDirect socials. At “nights” the DatingDirect invites members to casual bar or cafe where people can meet, talk and have some drinks.
“Socials” are events where people are brought together over shared interests. For example, “socials” could be some sport activities, cooking lessons etc.
These events help to see each other in person, influences on search algorythm and eliminate fake profiles. Pricing on DatingDirect As any other dating site here you will see several membership plans based on the time you pay for. Obviously the longer membership you choose, the better monthly price you get. • One month subscription DatingDirect will cost around £22.80/mo. • Three months subscription is £14.99/mo. • Six month membership will be just £12.00/mo.
Above all, the dating site has a confortable FAQ Support section with a convenient categories & search. The short DatingDirect review will be: “One of the best online dating websites for UK”. We were talking via email for around a week and a half. After a couple of days we started to phone each other and we would talk for hours upon end, running up our phone bills. Also in about a week we met up and spent the whole day together.
From then on we met up every couple of days, when we were not working, and text each other most days. I fell pregnant at the end of September which was an unplanned surprise for the both of us. However we are both very happy and looking forward to the arrival of our baby. Shane proposed to me on Valentine’s Day and I accepted. This has all happened quite quickly, however we both feel as though we have known each other a lot longer then we have.
Funnily enough, it was literally the last day of Charlotte’s membership when I eventually contacted her. We emailed about every other day and finally met for the first time at Appley Beach on the Isle of Wight.
Much of our time in the early days was exploring the island together with romantic walks and picnics with our dog Bronte, which we still do now. We spent our first anniversary in Paris. Two years ago last July we finally brought our first house together. Our relationship has blossomed even more since we’ve moved in. I have to thank this online dating site. My DatingDirect review is totally 5/5. We meet up at The Bull (a pub near us) for a drink, chat and a spot of lunch. Although I was suffering from a cold and Tim was suffering from hayfever.
From that we emailed, text and called each other. Our second date was arranged for the following week where we went for dinner. Seeing as I spent most of my time at Tim’s and regularly stayed over, it gradually led me to bring some of my stuff over, and without realising or announcing to anyone I had practically moved in with him.
I read a Datingdirect review and registered. Angelo was the one who initiated contact. I replied to him and we kept emailing each other for a week or so until we met in person.
First date – we met in St Albans where Angelo booked a table in a gorgeous little restaurant. It was the first time I heard his voice. We had a great time on our first date. We kept laughing and smiling, we found out we have so much in common and we are so alike. So we both travelled a lot and had so much to talk about. We definitely wanted to meet up again.
Thanks a lot to this dating website. To cut a long story short, we have now been together for nearly 8 months and have had 2 really romantic weekend breaks in Barcelona and Rome. In the last week, we have moved in together and are really happy. A big thank you to DatingDirect for making this happen. We both never thought we could meet someone so alike over the Internet.
The following pages are an attempt by me to organize the vast majority of online dating related statistics and facts available on the Internet. Almost every week there seems to be a new report or study produced that tries to top the last one. While statistics can be spun to make almost anything look good, I've tried to report just the basic facts. The data has been gathered from such sources as blogs, online newspaper and magazine articles, company financial statements, company advertising information packages (including media packages), the actual dating service website (or their parent company website), and multiple website measurement services.
I've decided to organize the statistics and facts into two main areas. The first which starts on this page will deal with the general online dating industry as a whole. This section also includes any relevant facts about dating, relationships, and marriage that I thought would be of interest to the dating industry. The second part is for actual dating services (this includes dating sites and dating apps). In the below you will find them divided up accordingly. Each service has their own page.
This is an ongoing project that I plan to add to regularly. If you have any questions or wish to include some information please . THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS WITH NEW INFORMATION ADDED DAILY... If you would like to find out more about the history of matchmaking from the 1600's which was the start of personal ads in newspapers, up to the 1960's when the first computer was used and beyond, you may want to check out our essay on .
Contents Online Dating Industry • • Online Dating Services • - Owned by Badoo Trading Limited • - Owned by Bumble Trading Inc. • - Owned by Coffee Meets Bagel/SOMA Central • - Owned by eHarmony Inc. (which is owned by ProSiebenSat.1) - Includes information about Compatible Partners • - Includes information about FriendFinder brands • - Owned by Facebook Inc.
• - Owned by Grindr LLC (which is owned by Kunlun Group) • - Owned by FTW & Co • - Owned by IAC (InterActiveCorp)) - Also may include info about dating brands they own not found below • - Owned by Match Group Inc. • - Owned by Hinge Inc. (which is owned by Match Group Inc.) • - Owned by Match Group Inc. • - Owned by Match Group Inc. • - Owned by Plentyoffish Media Inc. (which is owned by Match Group Inc.) • - Majority owned by Match Group Inc. • - Also may include info about dating brands they own not found below • - Owned by Spark Networks • - Owned by Spark Networks • - Owned by Zoosk Inc.
Out of Business • - Owned by Avalanche, LLC - Includes information about Matchmaker.com and Amor • - Owned by Yahoo Inc. (partnered now with Match.com) Summary of Popular Online Dating Statistics Industry Started: First online dating site domain was registered in 1995 (see ) Industry Revenue: $3 billion Number Of Users: 59 million who on average use 2.4 different dating services each (2017, US only ) Most Popular Dating Services: (42%), (32%), (26%) and (25%) (2017, US only ) General Online Dating Industry 2018 • General Information • 46% of dating app users met their current partner online.
• Men are 4% more likely than women to fall in love and get married when meeting through a dating app. • 52% of online daters admitted that dating apps have made them more judgmental of people’s looks. • 49 million people from the United States have tried online dating. • Romance scam victims in the United States and Canada have reported losing nearly $1 billion in the last three years.
• On average there are 25,000 scammers online with victims at any one time. • A company that screens profiles for dating companies says that 500,000 of the 3.5 million profiles it scans every month are fraudulent. • It is estimated that there may be more than a million victims of romance scams in the United States. • According to the FBI the greatest dollar loss of any scam that affects individuals is investment fraud, second is romance fraud.
• In a study of dating apps by Ogury it was found: • Men are twice as active on dating apps than women. • According to a study most dating apps uninstalls occur within the first day of usage. • Thursday proved to be the busiest day on dating apps across most countries. • California has the worst male to female ratio on dating apps (77.8% male to 22.2% female) while Wyoming is the most balanced state (63.5% male, 36.5% female).
• The Facebook data breach has sparked outrage in the United States. Many users have deleted their accounts. But as many dating app users have found, this can also mean deleting your messages and matches, or even your entire dating profile if the dating app they use requires a Facebook account.
• The worldwide online dating industry employees directly over 9,000 people. • According to Facebook, one in three marriages in the U.S. begins online. • In a study by POF about conversation it was found: • 74% of singles identify good conversation as the single best indicator of great chemistry on a date. • 60% believe it’s possible to start falling in love from the very first exchange. • 58% of singles said they couldn’t live with subpar grammar.
• App users place conversation well above reading profiles and swiping through photos as the most effective way to identify a compatible partner. • A study of 641 university students found that using dating apps does not lead to more casual sex. It is at about the same percentage as you find in dating other ways.
• Singles aged 18 to 25 who use dating apps, use 2 or 3 at once. • Online dating is a $3 billion market. • The online dating market is projected to grow to $12 billion by 2020. • About half of internet users are single, and it is estimated by 2020 about 20% of them will be willing to use one or more online dating services (was 15% in 2015).
This means about 310 million people globally (excluding China) will be using an online dating service by 2020. • United States • With the passage of the Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (FOSTA) Craigslist has decided to shutdown their Personals Section in the United States. • A Finding Love Online US Study found: • In 2017, the online dating industry was reportedly worth $2.4 billion.
• People that use online dating services on average belong to 2.4 websites and/or apps. • 46% of people have a positive attitude towards dating services. • 19% of adult singles in the US say they are registered on a dating service.
• Only 26% of people have paid for an upgrade on a dating service. • 58% of singles meet dates through friends, making it the most popular method of matching. Bars, coffee shops and other public areas were next, with 37%, followed by the workplace and events or hobbies (both with 27%).
• The most popular dating services in the US are Tinder (42%), Match (32%), Plenty of Fish (26%) and OkCupid (25%). • 60% of people in the US between the ages of 18 and 29 have used online dating at some point in their lives. • Online daters pursue partners who are, on average, 25% more desirable than themselves. • In one study, a popular woman living in New York, received 1504 messages during a 1 month period. This is equivalent to one message every 30 minutes 24 hours a day.
• China • 12 Chinese dating apps run by 21 firms in China have been shut down amid allegations of fraud for using bots posing as women. • Police in Guangdong arrested members of 13 gangs who posed as attractive women in order to con men into purchasing pricey products. A total of 1,310 suspects was arrested, each of whom could approach up to 1,500 victims per month. • United Kingdom • Men are 30 percent more likely than women to initiate conversation on a dating service.
• "Average" looking men receive the most messages from women. • Men are most likely to message attractive looking women. • Dating, Relationships & Marriage • Including the word ‘flowers’ in your dating profile increases inbound messages by 52%. Including ‘Old-fashioned’ boosts your inbound messages by 16% and including ‘hopeless romantic’ boosts your inbound messages by 38%. • 75% of singles say ‘snuggling in front of the fireplace’ is the most romantic date. Other popular suggestions include ‘candlelight dinners’ (58%) and a ‘picnic in the park’ (45%).
• In a study by eHarmony of relationships in America it was found: • 64% of people are “very happy” in their romantic relationships and just 19% say they're unhappy to some degree. • Men and women aged 25-34 report having the happiest relationships of all. • 80% of men reported that they're "in love" with their partner or spouse compared to 76% of women.
• Men are almost twice as likely as women to have relationship therapy. • In a study by Badoo about profile photos it was found: • Women love profile pictures that are set in the countryside, feature a dog, or show off a man’s tattoos. • Men like countryside photos, pictures taken in the gym, and women wearing their underwear or a bikini.
• No one likes group photos, nor does anyone want to see their prospective match in a photo with an attractive person who might be competition. • Women do not like shirtless photos. • Men do not like Snapchat filters. • Up to 42% of cheaters believe people with tattoos are more spontaneous and 27% say people with tattoos are more sexually adventurous. • The average woman’s desirability decreases from the time she is 18 until she is 60. For men, desirability peaks around 50 before declining.
• The divorce rate in the USA has plummeted 18% from 2008 to 2016. Credit for this goes to Millennial women, as on average, they have waited past the age of 25 to marry. References • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 2017 • General Information • 84% of its singles say they use tools like Yelp to review potential date venues.
• A Consumer Reports study found online dating stressful and time-consuming to users but it does produce the intended result if you continue to use it. • Among singles reluctant to try online dating, 21% of women and 9% of men said it was because they knew someone who had a bad experience.
• Of those who have yet to try online dating are reluctant because 50% describing themselves as private people, 48% worried about their information security, and 46% worried about scams. • 44% of online daters who had success said that their use of online dating led to marriages or serious long-term relationships. • Men and women both send unsolicited sexts in equal amounts which is 50% of the time for each. • The largest share of adults worldwide who are actively paying for a dating service are from United States (26%), United Kingdom (21%), and Germany (17%).
• The smallest share of adults worldwide who are actively paying for a dating service are from France (13%), China (11%), and Saudi Arabia (5%). • The use of online dating services (sites and apps) among young adults (ages 18-24) nearly tripled from 2013 to 2016 (from 10% to 27%).
• Real life events seem to be the latest trend with dating services. • United States • In order Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, West Virginia, Connecticut, Minnesota, and New Jersey came out on top as the safest states for online dating. • Only 1.6% of 18-26 year-olds who are on dating apps pay for premium services. • In 2017 revenue is expected to be over $3 billion for US companies. The annual growth rate from 2012 to 2017 is 5.3%. • There are 6,747 companies in the dating business who employee 9,592 people in the United States.
• It is estimated that Match Groups market share (includes Match.com, Tinder, OkCupid, POF, etc..) to be 25.7%. In second place is eHarmony with 12%. • United Kingdom • Half of British singles have never asked someone out on a date face to face, only online.
• 46% of singles had never broken up with someone in person, it was done online or via texting. • 25% felt dating apps allowed them to feel more comfortable and to be themselves in dating scenarios. • Australia • Every year Australian singles spend $11.65 billion on dating. • Australians spend an average of $79 on a first date, with one third of singles going on at least one first date per month, and a further 32% going on two or more first dates per month. • 18% of Australians have paid for dating services, this works out to $80.7 million each year.
• India • New regulations will require dating websites to keep IP address records, and require users to upload documents proving their identity. • China • China revises cybersecurity law which now requires dating services to have users to sign up with their phone numbers, which are linked to citizen's national ID numbers.
• Dating, Relationships & Marriage • In a study of first dates by Coffee Meets Bagel it was found: • 37% of couples chatted for a week before going on that first date. • Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays are the most popular days for first dates. • 33% of couples went out to dinner for their first date rather than going out for drinks or coffee.
• 80% of men paid for the first date, while 20% split the check. • 73% of first dates cost less than $50. • 45% of singles kiss on the first date. • 77% of couples planned their second date during the first date.
• We tend to view our own traits favorably, so we also look positively on those same traits in others. This applies to both personality traits and physical characteristics.
• A study found humans are likely to pick partners with similar DNA. This "assortative mating" strategy helps ensure our genetics are successfully passed on to future generations. • Online daters tend to select partners who have completed the same level of formal education. • Older educated online daters care less about how educated their matches are. • In the 2017 Singles In America study it was found: • 15% of singles say they feel addicted to the process of looking for a date on a dating service.
Millennials are 125% more likely to feel addicted than older generations. • 33% of Millenial singles have had sex before a first date • 22% of Millennials say they think technology has made finding love more difficult and 57% say they’re lonely. • Millennials are 30% more likely than other generations to have a first date that leads to a second date.
• In the 2017 Singles In America study it was further found: • Millennials are 125% more likely to say they feel addicted to dating than older generations. • 75% of singles said they are turned off if their dates answer their phones while they are together. • 66% of singles said they don't like when their dates texts while they are together. • 55% of singles say technology has made dating harder. • Millennials are 75% more likely than Boomers to have dated someone online, and 57% more likely than those of other generations to have created a profile on a dating app.
• A recent study found online daters are less willing to hold out for the “perfect” person and more interested in finding someone who might have potential. • Regarding Tech and love, in the 2017 Singles In America study it was found: • 29% of singles said that actual phone calls are big turn-ons.
• 26% of singles think it’s a turn-on if you’re not on social media at all. • Millennials are 270% more likely to think it’s hot if you’re binge-watching the same TV shows. • The biggest tech turn-offs are constant social media activity (50%) and complaining openly on Facebook (58%).
• 62% of singles said they prefer to eat a heartier dish on a date, while 38% percent said they prefer a lighter meal. • The average unmarried American spent $1,596 on their dating life in 2016. $1,855 for men and $1,423 for women. • 35% of online daters say "I love you" within the first three months of being in a relationship, compared to 30% of offline daters.
• People who date online are likely to have more committed relationships than those who do not date online. • In the 2017 Singles In America study it was found about lying: • 57% of daters claim they do not tell white lies while they’re dating. • 19% of daters have lied about their sexual history, 17.6% have lied about their dating history.
12% have lied about their finances, and 8% have lied about their age. • 27% of men said they had a date view a social media account and have been busted in a lie, and 17% of women said the same.
• 85% of singles say that a date’s sense of adventure was an attractive quality, and 76% said they’d like to try something new in the coming months. • Heterosexual couples are generally around the same age, even as they get older. • Same-sex couples display the stereotypical age gap as they grow older, leveling off at about 4.5 years difference after age 38. • How much interest couples have in each other is a better predictor of love than having a lot of friends in common.
• 1 in 2 online dating users say traveling is one of their favorite things to do. • 57% of singles take one or more vacations per year. • 72% of singles think that someone’s voice makes a person really attractive. • 90% of Millennials say they would find enjoyment in acting as matchmaker for their friends.
• 61% of singles find with the rise in technology usage that it has impacted our ability to have meaningful, face-to-face conversation. • 50% of singles said they’d rather have a great conversation with their crush all night. 25% chose a romp between the sheets, and another 25% said they’d take a good night’s sleep over anything else. • A survey about how and why people cheat: • 44% of males said they had cheated on a partner. 55% said they had at least thought about it.
• 39% of females said they had cheated on a partner. 35% said they had at least thought about it. • 78% of people blamed a lack of sex as the reason for them cheating on their partners. • A study of online dating and marriages: • One third of marriages start online.
• 70% of gay relationships start online. • The increase of interracial marriages rapidly becomes steeper around 2004 when online dating became more popular. • Marriages founded through online dating services are less likely to break up within the first year. • A study of food and when mentioned in a dating profile, how it affects the number of messages sent: • Writing about food in your profile results in an increase in inbound messages.
Mention the word “cook” and you could receive 26% more messages. Call yourself a “foodie” and that number might jump to 82%. • Mentioning guacamole, potatoes, or chocolate in your profile earned over 100% more incoming messages than the average.
• 59% of women said they have a negative perception of dates who suggest going to fast food restaurants, while 10% said it’s an immediate dealbreaker.
Only 25% of men said fast food is a no-go. References • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 2016 • General Information • It is predicted that the busiest day and time (most users logged in) for online dating this year will be Sunday, January 3, at 8:52 pm EST. • 72% of adults in the United States are active online. • You are 56% less likely to get a person's number if you use the word 'sorry' in your opening line when you message someone on a dating service.
• Messages on a dating service that used words associated with laughing like 'haha' and 'lol' have a 17% higher chance of ending in an exchange of phone numbers. • 15% of all American adults used online dating sites or mobile dating apps in 2015. • 80% of Americans who have used online dating agree that online dating is a good way to meet people. • 61% of adults who have tried online dating agree that it is easier and more efficient than other ways of meeting people.
• 31% of online daters agree that online dating keeps people from settling down, because they always have options for people to date.
• 2 spelling errors in a man's profile will reduce the chances of a response by 14% from a women. Spelling errors by women don’t affect their chances of getting a response. • Women receive 17 times as many messages as men on dating services. • Men use 21.9% more words than women do in their responses to questions about their dating profile.
• Between 2013 and today, the share of 18 to 24 year olds who use online dating has roughly tripled from 10% to 27%. For 55 to 64 years old this number has gone from 6% to 12%. • 33% of online daters have never actually gone a date with someone they met through a dating service.
In 2005 this number was 53%. • 20% of online daters have had someone for help with their dating profile. 5% of Americans who are in a marriage or committed relationship say they met their significant other online. • 5% of Americans who are in a marriage or committed relationship say they met their partner online. • Generally on a dating service the most attractive men send the most messages. • Women are much less likely than men to initiate contact on a dating service. • Women are 2.5x more likely than a man to receive a response if they initiate contact.
• In a study, 57% of female respondents and 21% of male respondents reporting experiencing harassment on a dating service. • Members of dating services who share photos of themselves laughing have over 3 times more chances of communicating with other members.
• Your dating profile is judge in part based on the last profile the person saw before yours. If it is more attractive then yours will be considered more attractive.
• Christian Mingle has the highest ratio of women on their service at 58.6% while Grindr has the most men at 70.3%. • People looking for long-term relationships tend to log into their dating service the most on Tuesdays at 2pm. For younger singles and those looking to hookup the best time to find them online is 9pm. • 33% of women and 20% of men retouch photos for their dating profile.
Most do slight tweaking like removing blemishes, whiten teeth, and/or change skin tone. • 47% of men and 27% of women have encountered a first date who looked nothing like their dating profile image.
• United States • Michigan with Vermont are the most romantic States according to a study by POF. Louisiana is the least romantic. • United Kingdom • About seven million UK residents are currently using online dating. • Between 2009 and 2014, the number of reports of serious sexual assaults during first face-to-face meetings following initial contact online rose in the UK from 33 to 184.
This is a 450% increase. • Dating, Relationships & Marriage • 11% of men who admitted to sending an unsolicited photo of their private parts on a dating service, 90% reported that they would stop if they knew a match could review them. • 78% of singles are more likely to “like” (or swipe right) someone who has good reviews from other singles, while 88% are less likely to “like” someone with a bad reviews.
• 35% of people have dated someone at work (37% of males, 34% of females) and 55% of them did not even try to hide the romance. • 57% of men vs. 29% of women fantasize about having sex with one of their co-workers, and 46% of men vs. 15% of women would consider having a one-night stand with someone they work closely with. • 57% of males and 56% of females say that a happy relationship is more important to them than their careers. • 40% of the female surveyed said they prefer messages from other members on a dating service that are longer than the a tweet (140 characters).
• 94 percent of online daters said they expect a response from their message within 24 hours . • Mentioning a movie date in a message increases the response rate by 91%. Other compelling keywords include the beach at 59% and a park at 39%.
• 4 to 5 percent of Americans are now involved in polyamorous relationships. • According to a study of over 2,000 men and women in the United Kingdom, the average couple gets engaged at 743 days, gets a pet at 813 days, gets marriage at 1190 days, and has their first child together at 1422 days. • Netflix found that 27% of respondents from a study said TV show compatibility with their partner was important. • 72% of respondents of a study who were married or in a relationship said that staying in and watching Netflix was a favourite way to spend date night.
• Women are on average 36% more romantic than their single male counterparts. Washington DC is the only state in the United States where men are more romantic than women.
DC women are 38% less romantic than the national average. • 88% of women judge their dates’ grammar mistakes, compared to 84% who judge their dates by their level of confidence. For men, it was 75% and 69% respectively. • 33% of singles met their last first date through online dating, while 26% met their last first date through a friend. • 107% less likely to get a second date if you skip dinner or drinks on the first date.
• 60% of singles prefer an evening date, but 22% of singles would rather go out in the afternoon. 39% of singles rather to go out on Saturday nights, followed closely by 34% who prefer Friday night dates. • 25% of singles said they've hooked up with an ex. • 25% of singles have turned a one-night stand into a relationship. • Boomers are 118% more likely than Millennials to have a one-night stand on vacation and 53% more likely to have a threesome.
• Millennials are 165% more likely than Boomers to have filmed sex and 236% more likely to be completely drunk the first time they sleep with someone. • 50% of singles have had 6 or fewer partners.
• 47% of singles have had fewer than 15 partners. • 80% of Millennials (18-33 year olds) have at some point in their dating lives been ghosted. • 75% of Millennials (18-33 year olds) who are using online dating are looking for a serious relationship. • Dating men who are for Donald Trump winning the Presidential Election alienate 40% of the potential women they can date thanks to their political views.
• 91% of over-70 singles considered sex to be ‘important’ in a relationship, with 33% rating it as ‘very important’. • 75% of over-70 singles said there is no need to postpone sex until a solid relationship commitment is made. Only 56% of younger singles share the same sentiment. • On a dating service Men who name-dropped Shakespeare were 27% more likely to receive a response from women. • Between the ages of 20-29, many men indicate a preference for a partner 3-6 years older than themselves.
• Women over the age of 50 would ideally like a match who is 6 years older than their own age. For 30-39 year old women, they indicated the average age difference desired was up to 8 years, while women aged 20-29 sought a partner up to 10 years older.
• During this election a survey concluded that 50% of online daters would not date someone with opposing political views. This is higher than in previous elections. • 15% of Millennials aged 20 - 24 said they had no sexual partners since turning 18. • Millennials are the most sexually inactive group since the Depression (1920's). • According to a study your online profile stands the best chance of attracting people if you appear more humble and real (revealing some flaws, either in your profile or photos).
Also providing evidence about your achievements and accomplishments on a dating profile, like a link to another website increases your trustworthiness. • More than 50% of online daters say they have broken up with someone because they have been too negative or pessimistic. • 56% of daters are talking less about politics on a date than they used to. This is to avoid getting into a heated debate.
• 59% of men and women do not expect to feel chemistry until the second date. 35% reported they have fallen deeply in love with someone they didn’t initially find attractive. • In a recent study: • 75% of women and 58% of men said they rather be "alone, successful and happy" then in a disappointing relationship.
• 52% of single participants said they’re not actively looking for someone. • 30% of singles are open to online dating and 28% have used an online dating service. • 20% of Americans believe online dating is a good way to meet a romantic partner, and only 19% of online daters report having significant success with it.
• In a study by Badoo for the U.S. it was found: • During the holidays 45% of gay males reported feeling considerably more pressure to have a partner, whereas 30% of straight people feel the same. • 44% of men said that money was no object to spend on a first date, whereas only 24% of women said the same.
• 40% of of singles admitted to lying to family and friends about having met their dates online. • 62% of singles admitted to checking out a prospective date online through social media before meeting in person. This percentage gets much higher the younger the person is. • 33% of singles use photos on their dating profile that are 3 years or older. This percentage is reported higher if the person is gay.
References • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 2015 • General Information • According to a number of the major dating sites the busiest day to try out online dating is the first Sunday after New Years day between 5pm and 8pm. This year it happened on January 4th.
• More search options can triggered excessive searching which can make it hard for people to discount the incompatible options. • IBM Researchers found that of the 41 dating apps they reviewed, 60% of them had security issues which made them potentially vulnerable to cyberattacks. • There are 91 million people around the world using dating apps.
61 million (2 out of 3 people) of them are men and 64 million (7 in 10) are between 16 and 34 years old. • In 2005 44% of Americans felt online dating was a good way to meet people.
In 2013 59% agree that online dating is a good way to meet. • A study of 2,300 people between 18 and 34 years old reveals that 39% met through friends, 22% social situations, 18% work, 10% online dating, 6% social media. • A message from a woman to a man is 40% more likely to get a response if it's longer than a tweet.
• Women are 73% more likely to get a response from a man if they mention “dinner,” “drinks,” or “lunch”. • Singles who attend speed dating events that have more than 24 potential dates tend to feel overwhelmed. At this point they usually make the decision of who to date solely on physically characteristics.
• 80% of gay men now meet their long-term partners online. Back in 2001 this statistics was only 14%. • Iran launches a state run dating site to draw users away from western dating sites. • Rhode Island released a health report in June stating that there has been a 79% rise in syphilis cases in the state between 2013 and 2014. The blame in part has been put on the popularity of hookup dating apps. • Rhode Island health officials stated that between 2013 and 2014 the numbers of newly diagnosed HIV patients increased by 33% and cases of gonorrhea increased by 30%.
• Gay dating app Hornet prompts its users to update their HIV status every three months. • The amount lost to romance scams averaged out to a whopping $14,000 per complaint in 2014 for a total of $85 million. • In 2014 women over 40 reported loosing $68.5 million to romance scams while men over 40 reported losses of $13.7 million.
• 50 percent of all relationships could begin online by 2031. By 2040, that number could jump to 70 percent. • Canada • The Canadian dating industry earned $153 million in 2014 and has grown 6% since 2010.
• There are 255 businesses in the dating industry who employ 523 people. • China • The most popular online dating scam in China is fake profiles which promote escort services. • Japan • Due to busy work schedules Japanese singles are not dating much.
49% of respondents to a study said they have had no sex in 6 months. 18% of men said they had no interest in sex. • Latin America • Online dating is growing at a rate of 20 percent year over year in Latin America according to market research. • United Kingdom • Over 15.7 million adults (35% of those aged 16 and over) in England and Wales had never been married in 2011. • There were 23 million (51%) ‘not married’ (meaning never married, divorced, or widowed) people in 2011.
• The highest proportions of individuals who were either never married or unmarried were in London. • Dating, Relationships & Marriage • According to a popular dating site, women who took selfies received 4% more messages but guys recieve 8% less.
A women who takes a full-body selfie receives a whopping 203% more messages. • Most women prefer to wait 1-2 years before moving in, whereas men prefer to move faster at 6-12 months.
• 62% of singles who use emoji in their text conversations want to get married. They are also more likely to be actively dating than non-emoji (emotion icons) users. • Men find beautiful profile photos more attractive but less trustworthy. On the other hand women find beautiful profile photos not only attractive but trustworthy. • Tall men and curvy women both have more social connections online than their opposites (shorter men and slender women).
Younger people (18-20) also have more connections than singles in their 20's or 30's. • 49% of teens have experienced abuse in dating. 29% of girls and 24% of boys admitted to playing the role of both victim and abuser in their relationships. • Young adults tended to enhance their profiles using first-person singular pronouns like “I” and “me.” They also tend to focus on work and achievement.
• Single women outnumber men by 230,000 in New York City. • If you are a man the easiest cities in the world to date are (in order): Hong Kong, Sydney, New York, London, Toronto, and San Francisco. • If you are a woman the easiest cities in the world to date are (in order): Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, New York, and Hong Kong.
• When dating, 12% of singles said they're in the market for casual hookups, while 70% said they want a relationship and 11% said they're searching for their future spouse.
• Women are 40% more likely than men to respond to openers that are food-related. Men were most responsive when asked out directly, and particularly if those messages were assertive. • 88% of women and 75% of men in a survey of 5,000 singles said they cared about grammar most, putting it ahead of a person’s confidence and teeth. • Researchers from several universities found that women have more deal breakers than men.
• People who believe they are a good catch have more dealbreakers. • Everyone has more dealbreakers when considering a long-term relationship rather than a short-term one. References • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Best christian dating websites usa