Are you looking for the best marriage quotes? Look no further. Here we have listed top 130 inspirational quotes about marriage Thus, no marriage or family, no ward or stake is likely to reach its full potential until husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, men and women work together in unity of purpose, respecting and relying upon each other’s strengths. – Sheri L. Dew. 10. I think long-lasting, healthy relationships are more important than the idea of marriage.
23 Shares If you’re married, regardless of how long you’ve been together or if you’ve just got hitched, you probably already know by now that marriage is not easy. It’s definitely not all about happiness and love. It’s not always a happy ever after either.
Marriage is full of ups and downs. However, there are tons of reasons why people want to marry someone they love. Some of the reasons are because marriage has helped them grow, it has eliminated loneliness, it builds character such as loyalty and respect, and most importantly, it has helped them find their purpose in this world.
Marriage may not be easy but it sure does make life more meaningful and worth it. If you’re looking for the best marriage and most special quotes right now then you’re in the right place. We compiled these marriage quotes to let you know how important marriage is and how other people are able to live through it every day.
Marriage Quotes 1. Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash. – Joyce Brothers 2. A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love. – Pearl S. Buck 3. The great marriages are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.
– Helen Mirren 4. In my mind, marriage is a spiritual partnership and union in which we willingly give and receive love, create and share intimacy, and open ourselves to be available and accessible to another human being in order to heal, learn and grow.
– Iyanla Vanzant 5. Marriage, to women as to men, must be a luxury, not a necessity; an incident of life, not all of it. – Susan B. Anthony 6. But marriage goes in waves. You’ve got to be patient. People bail and give up on their marriages way too early. They just don’t put the work and the effort into it. You’ve got to suck up your ego a lot of times, because that can be a big downfall. – Anna Benson 7. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
– Mignon McLaughlin 8. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. – Friedrich Nietzsche 9. Neither man nor woman is perfect or complete without the other.
Thus, no marriage or family, no ward or stake is likely to reach its full potential until husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, men and women work together in unity of purpose, respecting and relying upon each other’s strengths.
– Sheri L. Dew 10. I think long-lasting, healthy relationships are more important than the idea of marriage. At the root of every successful marriage is a strong partnership. – Carson Daly 11. Marriage is not about age; it’s about finding the right person. – Sophia Bush 12. A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short. – Andre Maurois 13.
Marriage is neither heaven nor hell, it is simply purgatory. – Abraham Lincoln 14. Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship. – Marilyn Monroe 15. May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise.
– Rumi 16. Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage. – Zig Ziglar 17. Friendship is the marriage of the soul, and this marriage is liable to divorce. – Voltaire 18. By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher. – Socrates 19. In terms of my marriage, you know, falling in love with my husband was by far the best thing that’s ever happened to me. – Caroline Kennedy 20.
Don’t marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can’t live without. – James Dobson 21.
Love is not weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it. – Boris Pasternak 22. Getting married, for me, was the best thing I ever did. I was suddenly beset with an immense sense of release, that we have something more important than our separate selves, and that is the marriage. There’s immense happiness that can come from working towards that. – Nick Cave 23. The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret. – Henny Youngman 24. The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.
– Bruce Forsyth 25. It’s so important to keep a marriage alive with small treats and doing little things for each other. Just remembering to say nice things and to have listening time is vital. That ghastly phrase ‘quality time’ means taking three minutes to sit down and be still with someone rather than yelling over your shoulder as you rush out. – Joanna Lumley 26. Marriage is the most natural state of man, and the state in which you will find solid happiness. – Benjamin Franklin 27.
When people get married because they think it’s a long-time love affair, they’ll be divorced very soon, because all love affairs end in disappointment. But marriage is a recognition of a spiritual identity. – Joseph Campbell 28. To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you’re wrong, admit it; Whenever you’re right, shut up.
– Ogden Nash 29. I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. – Rita Rudner 30. If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother. – Sam Levenson 31. Finding good partners is the key to success in anything: in business, in marriage and, especially, in investing.
– Robert Kiyosaki 32. I don’t care how handsome or fabulous or funny the groom is, or how sweet and accommodating the bride, or vice versa. Marriage is hard. – Jenna McCarthy 33.
Love is moral even without legal marriage, but marriage is immoral without love. – Ellen Key 34. Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can’t sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can’t sleep with the window open. – George Bernard Shaw 35. Marriage is an attempt to solve problems together which you didn’t even have when you were on your own. – Eddie Cantor 36. I would say that the surest measure of a man’s or a woman’s maturity is the harmony, style, joy, and dignity he creates in his marriage, and the pleasure and inspiration he provides for his spouse.
– Benjamin Spock 37. The romantic person instinctively sees marriage in terms of emotions, but what a couple actually gets up to together over a lifetime has much more in common with the workings of a small business.
They must draw up work rosters, clean, chauffeur, cook, fix, throw away, mind, hire, fire, reconcile, and budget. – Alain de Botton 38. I say to my children, the reason that marriage and having children is so important, is that it stops you thinking about yourself. The way to happiness is to give yourself to others and to think of others before you think of yourself. – Terry Wogan 39. I still believe in love.
I believe in marriage. – Usher 40. Marriage is a feast where the grace is sometimes better than the dinner.
– Charles Caleb Colton 41. My wife is my soulmate. I can’t imagine being without her. – Matt Damon 42. All married couples should learn the art of battle as they should learn the art of making love. Good battle is objective and honest; never vicious or cruel. Good battle is healthy and constructive, and brings to a marriage the principles of equal partnership. – Ann Landers 43. Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
– Groucho Marx 44. Being in a successful marriage is no different than being cast in a successful movie. It’s all about who you pick; in that first moment, did you pick the right person? I think you need to pick somebody who’s more interested in being married than in getting married. – Rob Lowe 45. A successful marriage is an edifice that must be rebuilt every day.
– Andre Maurois 46. After 45 years of marriage, when I have an argument with my wife, if we don’t agree, we do what she wants. But, when we agree, we do what I want. – Jacques Pepin 47. A marriage doesn’t have to be perfect, but you can be perfect for each other.
– Jessica Simpson 48. When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship. – Joseph Campbell 49. When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory. – Friedrich Nietzsche 50.
Nobody, man or woman, has ever wrecked a good marriage. – Jimmy Dean 51. Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.
– Leonardo da Vinci 52. The first time you marry for love, the second for money, and the third for companionship. – Jackie Kennedy 53. A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he’s finished. – Zsa Zsa Gabor 54. When I’m weak, you can be strong; when I’m strong, you can be weak. That’s what I believe marriage is. – Gisele Bundchen 55. Marriage has made me a lot happier and I’m deeply in love with my wife, and I thank God for her every day.
– Harry Connick, Jr. 56. Always remember that the most important thing in a good marriage is not happiness, but stability. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez 57. Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred. – William O. Douglas 58. Marriage is an adventure, like going to war. – Gilbert K. Chesterton 59. In marriage, there are no manners to keep up, and beneath the wildest accusations no real criticism.
Each is familiar with that ancient child in the other who may erupt again. We are not ridiculous to ourselves. We are ageless. That is the luxury of the wedding ring. – Enid Bagnold 60. You can’t have a happy family if you don’t have a happy marriage. – Jeremy Sisto 61. A lasting relationship isn’t about marriage. It’s about compatibility and communication.
And you both need to want it to work. – Goldie Hawn 62. It is my conviction that marriage is such a good idea, only God could have thought of it. – Myles Munroe 63.
The institution of marriage works better when there’s a spiritual connection. If you’re marrying just for the sake of the woman, then you may lose interest in each other very soon. When we marry in the interest of the Holy Spirit with the intention of serving God and humanity, then it gives a much larger perspective. – A. R. Rahman 64. Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquillity of a lovely sunset.
– Ann Landers 65. Remember that creating a successful marriage is like farming: you have to start over again every morning. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 66. Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage. – Ambrose Bierce 67. They say marriage will change you but it didn’t change me. Being in love changed me. – R. Kelly 68.
Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards. – Benjamin Franklin 69. We sleep in separate rooms, we have dinner apart, we take separate vacations – we’re doing everything we can to keep our marriage together.
– Rodney Dangerfield 70. I had a realization in the midst of my happy marriage that I had kind of lost most of my friends – my male friends in particular. And I started wondering if my wife, who was certainly my best friend, supplanted those relationships.
– Matthew Weiner 71. Love and marriage are wonderful arenas in which to place a character. We are most likely to risk our morals and beliefs while in love. Betrayal gives tremendous insights into a character as well. – Anita Shreve 72. In the face of love, everyone is equal. Let everyone have the freedom to love and to pursue their happiness. I am Tsai Ing-wen, and I support marriage equality. – Tsai Ing-wen 73. If there is such a thing as a good marriage, it is because it resembles friendship rather than love.
– Michel de Montaigne 74. Marriage is about the most expensive way for the average man to get laundry done. – Burt Reynolds 75. Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. – Billy Connolly 76. Marriage is about love, but it is not first and foremost about love. First and foremost, marriage is about continuity and transmission. – Meir Soloveichik 77. Sometimes I bust out and do things so permanent. Like tattoos and marriage. – Drew Barrymore 78.
If you like a man and he likes you, you should get married as fast as you can. Otherwise, you both are going to change your minds. There’s plenty of time for that after marriage. – Zsa Zsa Gabor 79. Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else in the house. – Jean Kerr 80. In a happy marriage, it is the wife who provides the climate, the husband the landscape.
– Gerald Brenan 81. If a relationship is going wrong, if a marriage is going wrong, the answer cannot simply be to say, ‘You can’t afford to break up because you are going to lose the house.’ The answer has to be only one thing, which is ‘I love you.’ – Rory Stewart 82. Next month, I will celebrate my 30th anniversary of marriage with my beautiful bride, Vicki. Our marriage has been a blessing. I have gained even more respect for the institution over the past 3 decades and will defend it against attack.
– Todd Tiahrt 83. In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self. – William Penn 84.
Where there’s marriage without love, there will be love without marriage. – Benjamin Franklin 85. So many people prefer to live in drama because it’s comfortable. It’s like someone staying in a bad marriage or relationship – it’s actually easier to stay because they know what to expect every day, versus leaving and not knowing what to expect.
– Ellen DeGeneres 86. If I get married, I want to be very married. – Audrey Hepburn 87. It’s tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won’t drink from my glass. – Rodney Dangerfield 88. For my parents’ generation, the idea was not that marriage was about some kind of idealized, romantic love; it was a partnership.
It’s about creating family; it’s about creating offspring. Indian culture is essentially much more of a ‘we’ culture. It’s a communal culture where you do what’s best for the community you procreate. – Aasif Mandvi 89. Marriage is a school itself. Also, having children. Becoming a father changed my whole life. It taught me as if by revelation. – Abraham Maslow 90. The one charm about marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties.
– Oscar Wilde 91. Marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings and lawyers. – Richard Pryor 92. I love the concept of togetherness and the entwinement of marriage. – William Shatner 93. Marriage is like twirling a baton, turning hand springs or eating with chopsticks. It looks easy until you try it. – Helen Rowland 94. Marriage has a unique place because it speaks of an absolute faithfulness, a covenant between radically different persons, male and female; and so it echoes the absolute covenant of God with his chosen, a covenant between radically different partners.
– Rowan Williams 95. The secret of a good marriage is forgiving your partner for marrying you in the first place. – Sacha Guitry 96. Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. – Jane Austen 97. Brands mature over time, like a marriage. The bond you feel with your spouse is different than when you first met each other. Excitement and discovery are replaced by comfort and depth. – Gary Vaynerchuk 98. I think men are mainly unfaithful because as they get older, they feel the urge to prove to themselves that they are still attractive.
They need proof from outside the marriage. It’s really sad. It’s all about them. It’s not about their wives at all. – Pattie Boyd 99. Political promises are much like marriage vows.
They are made at the beginning of the relationship between candidate and voter, but are quickly forgotten. – Dick Gregory 100. Married men live longer than single men. But married men are a lot more willing to die. – Johnny Carso 101. Before marriage, a man declares that he would lay down his life to serve you; after marriage, he won’t even lay down his newspaper to talk to you.
– Helen Rowland 102. If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.
– Katharine Hepburn 103. Long-term relationships are an everyday choice. It’s harder to be in a marriage than it is to bounce from one relationship to the next. – Pink 104. Children are supposed to help hold a marriage together.
They do this in a number of ways. For instance, they demand so much attention that a husband and wife, concentrating on their children, fail to notice each other’s faults. – Richard Armour 105.
In retrospect, I’m grateful for the break-up of my marriage because it forced me to deal with all the buried issues I probably wouldn’t have otherwise faced. I’m a better, kinder, happier person today because of the spiritual and emotional growth I’ve experienced. – Alana Stewart 106. The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time. – Julia Child 107. Chains do not hold a marriage together.
It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years. – Simone Signoret 108. The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue.
It’s a choice you make, not just on your wedding day, but over and over again. And that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife. – Barbara De Angelis 109. One should believe in marriage as in the immortality of the soul. – Honore de Balzac 110. A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. – Michel de Montaigne 111. There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.
– Martin Luther 112. Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family, a domestic church. – Pope John Paul II 113. Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing.
She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays. – Henny Youngman 114. Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day. – Barbara De Angelis 115. Marriage is good for those who are afraid to sleep alone at night. – St. Jerome 116. As you are not yet married, and as marriage is the fundamental state of life as well as the unity of the commonwealth, make up your mind whether you are called to this state.
If you make up your mind to marry, do not marry merely a good wife: marry a good mother to your children. – Vincent McNabb 117. Staying married may have long-term benefits. You can elicit much more sympathy from friends over a bad marriage than you ever can from a good divorce. – P. J. O’Rourke 118. I’m so wrapped up in my work that it’s often impossible to consider other things in my life.
My marriage ended in divorce because of this, my relationship with Holly has suffered by this. – Jim Carrey 119. There is nothing wrong with your marriage if you’re dealing with bills and kids and the broken garbage disposal and in-laws and work demands. That’s a normal marriage. – Phil McGraw 120. My husband and I are best of friends first and foremost.
We fight like cats and dogs, but never stay mad for long. I was lucky to find him, he is in every way, my soulmate. – Carnie Wilson 121. One of the things I discover a lot in marriage counseling is the husband or wife trying to get their spiritual thirst quenched by their partner; I think that’s a real common mistake that we make.
– Max Lucado 122. Marriage is a risk; I think it’s a great and glorious risk, as long as you embark on the adventure in the same spirit. – Cate Blanchett 123. Righteous marriage is a commandment and an essential step in the process of creating a loving family relationship that can be perpetuated beyond the grave. – David A. Bednar 124. With marriage and fatherhood, I’ve finally found two fixed points in my life. They’ve taught me patience. They’ve also taught me that I don’t need to feel guilty about being happy.
My emotional seasons are less extreme. – Pete Wentz 125. Marriage is a gamble, let’s be honest. – Yoko Ono 126. It’s lovely being a parent and being in a strong marriage with somebody who is your best friend.
– Johnny Vegas 127. Marriage may be the closest thing to Heaven or Hell any of us will know on this earth. – Edwin Louis Cole 128. There’s only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I’ll get married again.
– Clint Eastwood 129. Every good relationship, especially marriage, is based on respect. If it’s not based on respect, nothing that appears to be good will last very long. – Amy Grant Luvze is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
*Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates. Additionally, Luvze.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
best dating no marriage quotes - Best Marriage Quotes
Sad broken friendship quotes are remedy for the hurt ones who got hit by betrayals, over-expectations, and left-promises. They help you feel the emotions and feelings to the fullest, help you understand what has actually happened, and then aid you to move on. [Moving On Quotes] Why and How Sad Broken … Still single? Worry not. Now that you’ve fed up with the badge of so-called “being single”, you might try something that helps you appreciate yourself while you are still single.
Sounds hard, no? The harder the things get, the more happiness they give once achieved. People nowadays think that being …
Really Beautiful Marriage quotes With Images You should check Someone has said that no relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm. This perfectly goes with the concept of marriage. It is very difficult to survive this cruel world alone. There will be days when you are all down and going through the worst phase of your life, but it can be made easier if you have the support of someone. And who else that can be other than your life partner.
Having someone by your side may not stop the storm or the hardships but it will definitely give the strength to go through it. This is why people get married actually so they will have someone by their side in their thick and thin. Though it is not necessary to tie the knot, you can still have this relationship with your soul mate but it gives immense pleasure to make it official with the love of your life.
Your partner may not be the love of your life if you are going for an arrange marriage, but once you both start understanding each other and give your relationship the required time, it will grow in a strong bond that you need to walk this path of life together.
A husband and a wife, both are the most important pillars of a happy marriage. One cannot continue if he or she does not have the support of the other. A car cannot run with just 2 tires, it needs all four. Same goes with marriage, both are equally important and responsible for each other’s happiness. Its only both of them who can convert a house into a home with their , passion and care for each other. And there is no such thing as a successful marriage, there are only happy marriages.
People look for beautiful and attractive quotes about married. Specially those who are getting married very soon. So here we collect some of 55 beautiful marriage quote with images.
Here we collect 55 best marriage quotes with image you should take a look. 1. Happy Marriage Quotes with images. 2. Marriage advice quotes. 3. Love Marriage Quote with pics . 4. Success Marriage sayings by famous personality.. 5. Quotes about happy marriage. 10. Funny Marriage Quotes for couples.
11. Best love marriage quotes for lovers. 12. Marriage Quotes status with images. 13.Great Marriage Quotes for greeting cards. 14. Marriage happiness quotes and sayings . 15. Happy marriage life is like “house of mirth”. 16. Positive Marriage Quotes for successful married life. 17. Famous Love marriage quotes by Darlene Schacht. 18. Positive Marriage Quotes . 19. Marriage advice quotes . 20. Happy Marriage Quotes for successful married life.
21. Inspirational Marriage Quotes . 22. marriage quotes for wedding cards. 23. Inspirational and positive quotes about Marriage. 24. Marriage Quotes about love. 25. Marriage Quotes sayings with images. 26. Strong Marriage Quote with image. 27. Marriage Quote and sayings for anniversary cards wishes.
28. Positive quotes about Marriage life. 29. Famous quotes about love Marriage. 30. Famous quotes about love and arrange Marriage. 31. Successful thought about marriage for happy life. 32. Marriage thoughts and sayings for greeting cards. 33. Positive love Marriage Quotes . 34. Inspirational Marriage Quotes . 35. Marriage advice Quotes and sayings. 36. Famous Marriage Quotes with pictures.
37. Successful Marriage life quotes and sayings. 38. Positive Marriage sayings with images. 39. Marriage quotes and wishes for anniversary. 40. Inspirational Marriage Quotes. 41. A successful marriage is based on love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship and faith . 42. Love and respect are the some ingredients of happy Marriage life.
43. Famous happy Marriage life quotes by Jennifer Smith. 44. Best Marriage Quote about couple to love each other. 45 .Beautiful Marriage Quotes 46. Marriage perseverance quotes . 47. getting married quotes. 48. Marriage Quotes and wishes for anniversary cards.
49. Short marriage sayings. 50. Funny Marriage Quote and sayings. 51. Famous Quotes about love marriage. 52. Funny Marriage Quote with photos . 53. Marriage Sayings for greeting cards. 54. Love Quotes about successful marriage.
55. Positive Marriage Quote and sayings for anniversary cards. Img src: For this, you need not to be perfect; you just need to be imperfectly perfect for each other in your own unique ways.
You and your partner, both have these beautiful feelings for each other that no one can understand as it belongs to you only. So accept each other’s imperfections with proud and make your better half grow with the help of love, trust and care, which is all what you need to live happily ever after as they say. We hope you like these beautiful quotes Please keep sharing such articles to your friends and to those who are getting married soon and some useful quotes to those also who already married but thinking in different ways about marriage.
Please take a look at our other related articles.