Nowadays, 3-D Ultrasound is a newfangled diagnostic scan during pregnancy, which becomes a common procedure to detect abnormalities of a fetus. This examination gives future parents pleasure and brings plenty of positive emotions. So, what is a 3-D Ultrasound? The Essence of 3-D Ultrasound Method However, a standard ultrasound provides an image, completely clear to professionals. The most many patients can do is to find a backbone and large bones of the limbs with the doctor’s help. 3-D Ultrasound looks different. Lucky parents can see the three-dimensional image, resembling a regular photo with enough high quality so you can see a face and even count fingers. What is 4-D Ultrasound?
Modern technology has afforded us many advancements that make estimating due dates a little easier nowadays. That being said, the best methods for estimating when your bundle of joy might arrive require no fancy equipment. Many tools and calculators exist online now that make the estimation process easy for parents-to-be. Some of them even retro-date the calculations to tell parents what day they most likely and conceived.
Realistically, only around 5 percent of women deliver on their due dates, per . Still, so much focus is placed on that single day in time. When it passes mothers by, it often creates a lot of unnecessary . Whether it’s a first or fifth baby, Moms should be encouraged to embrace their due date as a range in which their baby will be born. Their little one might show up a few weeks before that day, or a few weeks after it.
Refraining from referring to such are “ early” or “ late” can sometimes help women to adjust the way they see birth and the fetal development process. Table of Contents • • • • • 4 Amazingly Accurate Pregnancy Calculators 1.
The Menstrual Cycle The simplest way of calculating your estimated due date is going off of your menstrual cycle. Every cycle, and for most women, every month, you release an egg. If fertilization occurs during this ovulation period, then implantation soon follows and usually by the time you’re expecting your next period, you’re getting a positive pregnancy test.
There is some confusion among many women as to why they’re considered four weeks pregnant at this point in time. Essentially, the two extra weeks are added so care providers can cover all their bases, because it’s easier to go by when your last period was than try to guess when you ovulated after the fact.
You can also use the date you started your last period to determine an estimated due date by counting backward three months and adding one week. For example, if your last period started on June 15 th , you count back three months to March 15 th , and then add one week making your estimated due date March 22 nd . The most time-consuming option would be to count ahead 280 days from the date of your last period.
2. Ultrasound Calculations Dating a pregnancy by ultrasound is a common practice, albeit not as solid as going off of menstrual dating. However, many women have irregular periods or get pregnant unexpectedly and aren’t sure when their last cycle started or when they ovulated.
Some are pregnant for several weeks or months without even knowing they are. In these cases, ultrasound dating is the next best choice.
One study published in the journal shows that ultrasounds performed during the thirteenth week are the correct most often for dating purposes, having a 98.3 percent accuracy rate. To date a pregnancy in the first trimester, a transvaginal will most likely be the method used. While this is uncomfortable for some women—usually more so because of the procedure rather than physical pain—it’s the only way to get a clear picture of the womb that early on when it is still deep within the pelvis.
The bonus is that transvaginal sonograms don’t require you to drink a gallon of water beforehand and hold your bladder until they call you from the waiting room.
During the procedure, measurements will be taken of the developing fetus. Combined, these figures will correlate to the estimated due date. Keep in mind that dating by ultrasound is only as good as the technician that’s performing it. Being off by even one millimeter can alter the date by a day, and when you’re in those first 14 weeks, the baby is quite small in size. Remember, the due date is just a guess. 3. Hiccups Along the Way Certain issues do arise in some pregnancies that warrant the need to push baby out a little sooner than he or she was intending — or even what Mom and Dad were intending.
or schedule cesareans may be necessary if: • Poor blood supply to the placenta • Placental calcification • Known birth defects • Maternal illness that could worsen with childbirth or be passed onto the baby • Placenta previa is present • Uterine scarring poses too much of a risk of rupture with contracting 4.
Letting Your Baby Decide Slowly but surely, the medical industry has led women astray from trusting their own body’s abilities. Biologically, your body and your baby work in tandem and know the perfect time to start the cascade of hormonal responses that trigger the start of labor.
Birth has been transformed from a miraculous and natural event that virtually all women are born capable of into one which is met with hesitation because it is painted as a painful and unpredictable rite of passage that women must suffer through at the mercy of whatever options their medical treatment facility or care provider allows.
Physicians like to see babies delivered during the 41 st week of pregnancy in most cases, but this isn’t what the science of birthing actually supports as being the best avenue for the baby to take.
reports studies comparing birth outcomes between women who delivered within the medically-accepted two week range of their due dates and those who went overdue showed no significant differences in perinatal mortality; in fact, it was slightly higher at 0.75/1000 in the on time group than the overdue group at 0.56/1000. Barring any of the unforeseen events noted above, it’s perfectly find to let that baby “cook” until they are ready to make their grand entrance on their own.
Consider the waiting period and the experience of being nine to ten months pregnant a testament to the level of patience parenthood will often require. If your due date is approaching or has already passed, remind yourself it’s just a guess. Remember that stress produces cortisol and adrenaline, which can actually stall labor and keep you from dilating. Breathe, relax, and get lots of rest.
You’ll need it.
best i dating 4 ultrasound - 15 weeks ultrasound gender accuracy
Skype using our office Wi-Fi!Do you have a family member that would like to be at your ultrasound but can’t? Then bring in your lap top computer or phone that is Skype-ready and they can join you in your ultrasound session! Just let us know if you plan on doing this when you book your appointment and you’ll have to come a few minutes early to assure your connection before your session begins. Call us with any questions, and to book your appointment today!
Gender Check - Now only $45.00, $40 if you check in on or with your smartphone (must be at least 13 weeks) • 5-10 minute 2D ultrasound • Includes 6 black and white pictures • Gender determination guaranteed, or you return for free! • Theater viewing for up to 15 quests - Skype option available • 10% off on return visit • Free DVD or CD for any Dad that is deployed • No extra charge for twins! • *Free limited Diagnostic Exam Gender Check and 3D/4D Peek $55, HD LIVE included at no additional charge!!
$50 if you check in on or with your smartphone (must be at least 13 weeks) • 5-10 minute ultrasound, 2D/3D/4D/HD LIVE • Includes 10 black and white pictures • Gender determination guaranteed, or you return for free!
• Theater viewing for up to 15 quests - Skype option available • 10% off on return visit • Take everything with you when you go • Free DVD or CD for any Dad that is deployed • No extra charge for twins! • *Free limited Diagnostic Exam Early 2d Gender Session available at 13 weeks - $65.00, $60 if you check in on or with your smartphone • A 5-10 minute 2d ultrasound done at 13 weeks • Return at 15 weeks for a 5 minute gender confirmation and see baby in in 3d/4d/ HD live • Includes 10 black and white pictures • No waiting, take everything with you when you leave • Listen to your baby’s heartbeat • No extra charge for twins!
• Theater viewing for up to 15 guests - Skype option available • Free DVD or CD for any Dad that is deployed • *Free limited Diagnostic Exam First Trimester Ultrasound - $29 This transabdominal ultrasound session is performed 6 to 13 weeks of gestation to determine: • the fetus(es) size • estimated due date • viability (heart tone after 8-10 weeks) • Includes a 5 minute ultrasound in 2D and 6 black and white pictures • Theater viewing for up to 15 quests - Skype option available • Free DVD or CD for any Dad that is deployed • No extra charge for twins!
• *Free limited Diagnostic Exam Baby Peek Session $69.00 $64 if you check in on or with your smartphone • Do you just need a quick peek before your baby arrives? • 10-15 minute 3D/4D/ HD live Ultrasound session • Your choice of a DVD, , CD, or 9 color wallets • Includes 10 black and white pictures • Theater viewing for up to 15 guests - Skype option available • No extra charge for twins!
• 10% off for return visit • Free DVD or CD for any Dad that is deployed • *Free limited Diagnostic Exam • *Add DVD or CD for only $10 Heartbeat Animal Session - $79 $74 if you check in on or with your smartphone • 10-15 minute 3d/4d/HD live Ultrasound Session • CD with up to 30 Color 3d images • Heartbeat TeddyBear Animal with your baby’s heartbeat • 10 Black and White 4d Photos • 10% off for any return visit • Theater viewing for up to 15 guests - Skype option available • Add a DVD for $10 • Add 9 color wallet prints for $10 • No waiting, take everything with you when you leave • Free DVD or CD for any Dad that is deployed • No extra charge for twins!
• *Free limited Diagnostic Exam Appreciation Pkg for Military, Firefighter, Peace Officer or Teachers $85.00, $80 if you check in on or with your smartphone • Bring ID • 10 minute 3D/4D/ HD Live Ultrasound session on DVD set to music • Includes 10 black and white pictures • CD with up to 30 color JPG images ideal for printing and emailing • Limited Diagnostic Exam • Gender determination upon request • Theater viewing for up to 15 guests - Skype option available • 10% off on return visit • No-waiting take everything with you when you leave • Includes 3 black and white pictures • Add color photos for only $10.00 • No extra charge for twins!
• Only discount allowed with this session is the FB or yelp check in or the Return Family Discount of 10% • *Free limited Diagnostic Exam Bronze Package $135.00, $130 if you check in on or with your smartphone • 15-20 minute 3D/4D/HD live Ultrasound session on DVD set to music • CD with up to 30 color JPG images ideal for printing and emailing • 9 color wallet 3D pictures • 2 5”x7” color photos • 10 black and white 3D pictures • Gender determination upon request • Theater viewing for up to 15 guests - Skype option available • Free DVD or CD for any Dad that is deployed • No extra charge for twins!
• 10% off for return visit • *Free limited Diagnostic Exam Ultrasound Bundle Package - $175.00 With this package you’ll receive 3 ultrasound sessions and have the option to make payments along the way.
$55 due at 1st visit then 4 payments of $30. Discounts allowed are 10% off for Military families and Returning families. Facebook or Yelp check in discount is allowed at 1st visit. • 1st visit-14 to 20 weeks 3D/4D/HD live Gender Session A 10 minute ultrasound to determine gender and a 3d/4d peek of baby A choice of 10 black and white printed pictures or a CD with 5-10 pictures.
• 2nd visit recommended between 20 and 28 weeks A 10 minute 3d/4d/HD live Session 10 black and white printed pictures and a CD or a DVD of your session. • 3rd Visit recommended between 28 and 32 weeks. This session will include a 15 minute 3d/4d/HD live Session recorded on DVD set to music. A CD with up to 50 JPEG color photos 10 black and white printed photos • Theater viewing for up to 15 quests - Skype option available • Free DVD or CD for any Dad that is deployed • No extra charge for twins!
• *Free limited Diagnostic Exam For payment plan you must agree to have your CC on file to charge the payment amount in the agreement. We are not responsible if you do not come in to complete your ultrasound bundle package.
Diagnostic Ultrasound Services Unique Ultrasound is a premier ultrasound imaging facility providing services to physicians, midwifes and families since 2006!
You’ll receive complimentary images of your baby and as always gender determination at your request. Our costs are kept low and are geared towards those without insurance, midwife patients or for those that are experiencing high deductibles. We also offer evening and weekend appointment times. Our Sonographer performing the ultrasound scan will note any findings and measurements will be taken (if applies). A report with the ultrasound images will be given to the patient to follow up with their healthcare provider or midwife.
If you wish to have your ultrasound scan read by a Licensed Radiologist then an additional fee of $50.00 will be charged. The Radiologist final report will be sent directly to your healthcare provider within 24-48 hours. • Fetal Wellbeing $150.00 This ultrasound is usually performed around 20 weeks to check baby’s position, placenta location as well as the following: 4 chamber, LV, Cisterna Magnum, Nuchal Fold, Spine, Kidneys, Lower Ext, 3V Cord, Cord Insertion, Stomach, Bladder, Diaphragm, Cerebellum, Choroid Plexus, Upper Ext and Nostrils/Lips.
• Nuchal Translucency Ultrasound (11 weeks – 13.6 weeks) $125.00 This ultrasound is a genetic screening test to detect risks for Down Syndrome Trisomy 18, Trisomy 21 and Turner’s syndrome. Our certified NT Sonographer will measure the amount of fluid accumulated under the skin at the back of the baby’s neck. It’s important to know that a positive result does not equate to having an abnormality, but rather serves as a signal to look into further testing.
• Fetal Measurements (Weight, (EDD) Estimated due date) - $110.00 This ultrasound scan will measure baby's head, abdomen and limbs. We get an estimate of the weight of the baby to give you a guide of how big the baby is as well as the position of the baby. • Fetal Position - $45.00 This ultrasound scan is done closer to the end of the pregnancy to assure the physician or midwife that the baby is in the vertex position (head down).
• Placenta location - $45 This ultrasound scan will check for placenta previa, placenta tearing or placenta bleeding. • Amniotic Fluid Volume Assessment - $50 This ultrasound scan is done to check for polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid), or oligohydramnios (too little amniotic fluid). • Cervical Length Check - $50.00 If you are at risk of premature birth then we can scan to assess the length of the uterine cervix. This can be done at any stage from 16 weeks but is most useful at 18-21 weeks of pregnancy.
Women’s Health Ultrasounds • Breast Ultrasound Bilateral $175 (costs include a report from the Radiologist) Unilateral $95 (costs include a report from the Radiologist) This ultrasound exam can provide you and your health care provider an assessment of your breast health. A breast ultrasound can locate breast tumors and cysts as small as a few millimeters in size and is a beneficial screening for women who have dense breasts. Breast ultrasounds are considered safe and painless. Women who use our services are: Those that do not want to wait for their physicians/insurance referral Those that do not want the radiation exposure from a mammogram Cash paying patients or those that have PPO insurance • Pelvic Ultrasound $145.00 (costs include a report from the Radiologist) This ultrasound exam will help to determine ovarian cysts, fibroids or endometrial disorders in the pelvis and an evaluation of the female reproductive organs.
It will also determine the size and shape of the uterus and the thickness of the uterine lining as well as the size and shape of the ovaries. Your at Home Ultrasound or for Bed Rest Moms Our At Home Package: We can come to your home with our machine and do your Ultrasound.
Also for Moms who are on bed rest or would like to have their scan done in the privacy of their own home. Within 10 miles from our office: $175 11-30 miles from our office: $250 30 miles or more from our office: $350 • 25 minute 3D/4D Ultrasound session • Limited Diagnostic Exam • Gender determination upon request • This package is eligible for our Ultrasound Gift Registry!
Package Add-Ons • 5 minute 3d/4d ultrasound with 2 b/w photos $50 or $45 with check in (rescan policy does not apply with this ultrasound session) • 10 minute 3d/4d ultrasuond with 2 b/w photos $65 or $60 with check in (rescan policy does not apply with this ultrasound session) • Additional CD with any package $10.00 • Additional DVD with any package $10.00 • Nine 3D color wallet size pictures $10.00 • Two 5 x 7 3D color pictures $10.00 • Heart-beat Teddy Bear (8" or 16"): We record the precious sound of your baby's heartbeat.
This recording can be done as early as 10 weeks! Add a heartbeat Animal to any sessions: $23.95 for 8" and $28.95 for 16" Military Family Discount – 10% off any package (cannot be combined with any other discount) for Basic, Bronze or Platinum packages Price Match Guarantee – bring in the advertised package price at the time of your appointment (valid within a 50 mile radius of our location) Ultrasound Gift Certificates Give your friends and family an ultrasound package!
Just choose the package or price you would like and we will send the gift certificate to you. Choose from the form below.
We can ship directly to the recipient, just include their address for shipping and add their name to the form in the correct box. It's easy, and a nice way to give your friends and family the experience of a life time! Gift Certificates * With each ultrasound our sonographer will check baby's heart rate, placenta location, cord location and fluid level.
"I wanted to take a moment and tell you, and the technician that did our scan, thank you! You have given us something so special and amazing that words cannot possibly express how overjoyed we are. When we sat through the session, we were in complete awe. We were absolutely stunned by the clarity of the images of our son. When I showed my 9 year old son what his brother looked like, he thought it was the "coolest" thing he had seen.
I put part of the DVD online on my personal website and my family and friends have seen it and are equally amazed. Because of how happy we are, we would like to do another session! Thank you again for everything" Kathren C. Get an additional CD with any package for $15.00 or an additional DVD with any package for $20.00 (Return for pick up or we can mail to you) Get nine 3D color wallet size pictures for $10.00 and you can get two 5 x 7 3D color pictures for $10.00 You can also get a 10 minute 3D/4D Ultrasound for only $70.00!
Absolutely yes. The service provider, however, must have a recognised clinical framework (correct processes for providing clinical services directly to the public) such as ours in place.
All of our ultrasound services comply with guideline recommendations and are maintained to the required standard. You can learn more about … Popular reasons for booking a private ultrasound directly are to avoid a long wait for an appointment, having a wider choice of appointment times to choose from and, in some cases, when your particular scan is not available via the NHS locally.
In addition, we assign more time to each appointment than the typical hospital equivalent and the results from the vast majority of our scans are given to you on the day. Provided the ultrasound service on offer is being operated to the required guidelines, there are no contraindications for first line ultrasound scans.
Since ultrasound is not an ionising radiation such as x-ray, there are also no known hazardous effects associated with multiple first line scans, again provided the service is operated to recommended guidelines. The safety of diagnostic ultrasound continues to be researched and monitored by the relevant professional bodies. Any pregnancy scans referred to as "non-diagnostic" should be avoided. It implies that the (diagnostic) ultrasound equipment is not be being used in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines, that the person operating it may not be a health care professional or following their duty of care requirements (i.e.
ignoring any incidental findings), may not be professionally insured and are ignoring the fundamental safety guideline set out by the DoH in the UK. All of our pregnancy scans include a minimum of a well-being check, are carried out by health care professionals who will act upon their duty of care with incidental findings and who can write clinical reports.
Our ultrasound systems are sourced through official channels and are set-up and operated to the manufacturer's guidelines. Please go to our clinic receptionist on arrival who will then ask you to read through our consent form and discuss any aspect of your scan before your appointment. You will not need to change into a gown, but please read any pre scan preparations found in the scan descriptions and your booking confirmation. Payments and balances are taken once you have signed the consent form and before the scan.
A private scan is your choice and our Sonographers will always accommodate guests and partners. It is worth noting that certain scans may involve intimate or internal scanning and we recommend if you require a chaperone that you bring someone you feel comfortable with as there may not be suitable staff available. Also consider who you would feel comfortable with if your results were a medical follow up outcome.
The majority of our scans are carried out by Sonographers. Sonographers usually train first as a Radiographer, then undertake an approved post-registration course. These courses are offered by higher education and as a minimum require 1 additional academic year that prepares them both clinically and academically for this specific area of practice. All practicing Radiographers are regulated by the Healthcare Professions Council. Other types of health care professional who may provide our scans are either suitably experienced Doctors or Sonographer Midwives specifically for pregnancy scans.
In nearly all cases your scan results will be given to you at the end of your scan appointment in a clear written format with supporting images. Examples of when this may not be possible are when you need to come back for a re-scan or your scan result needs to be combined with a blood test to determine the outcome (result).
You can learn more about … If your scan outcome (result) is a medical follow-up recommendation, this will be clearly explained as to why at the end of your scan. You will be given a detailed report including images and, unless you specifically request us not to, a copy report will be sent directly to your GP (whose details we take at the time of booking) within 48 hours. As the name implies, it means a “first look” to check for or eliminate very specific conditions and you should always be comfortable in understanding the reasons for having a particular scan.
Each of our scan service descriptions explain what we will be looking at during your appointment. If an incidental anomaly not related to your scan specifically is seen during your exam, we still act on our duty of care towards you and report on it.
You can learn more about outcomes (results) and … Although there is no exact limit or threshold, the image quality of ultrasound is affected by increased body mass index (BMI) and as such may be reported as a contributing factor. Our Sonographers will always do their best to obtain your images and results however, if we are unable to obtain clear views due to increased BMI, a report will be provided recommending alternative imaging such as CT or MRI.
©1998-2018 Ultrasound Direct Ltd. Regulated by the Care Quality Commission Registered Office 37 The Point, Market Harborough, Leicestershire LE16 7QU Incorporated in England & Wales. Company Number 3631645. VAT registration 187 2008 07. ultrasound-direct.com, BABYBOND and the Babybond logo are registered trade marks of Ultrasound Direct Ltd.
First Ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days