When you’re dating, you spend a lot of time with your person. You can have endless conversations about work, family, and friends, sure, but sometimes it would be nice to mix things up. To keep your relationship fresh and interesting, we’ve compiled a list of 30 questions to ask a guy you’re dating. We love our partners, and we want to know everything about them (yes, everything). We want to know their hopes, their dreams, and what they had for breakfast. And while our boyfriends and girlfriends can certainly answer a straight question, it’s sometimes fun to ask a question they’re not expecting .
If there’s a girl in your life you get to take out on a date, you want to make sure she will be equally as interested in you. Questions to ask a girl should include things that will make her feel special. Things that will allow her to open up to you which will gain her trust. The elements of having someone fall for you consist of a few things and trust is one of them. While you use these suggested questions to ask a girl, make sure you keep eye contact to show your interest and support.
Smile back as she answers and give positive feedback. You will be creating a bond between the two of you as she opens up. This also avoids any awkward moments you may have potentially had.
While some of these questions to ask a girl you like may seem bold, it’s well worth it and scientifically proven to bring two people closer together. What Questions to Ask a Girl on Your Date These questions allow you to get into the head of the girl you like.
She feels good because she gets to answer things about herself to someone who obviously cares about her. They make her feel special as well as make her think about things. Some of the questions to ask a girl you like will allow her to conclude that the night was magic.
The power of questions allow her to feel so many things and still empower her because she openly offered to answer them. 1. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? When you ask a girl this question, you show her you want to know her deeper side. It may also indicate to her that you care about what she wants.
2. What is the most thoughtful gift you’ve ever given someone? You get an insight into her thoughts and this begins to open her sensitive side up to you. 3. Favorite ice cream?
This is one of the playful questions to ask a girl you like. If you can make her smile, this is great for your chances. 4. Who do you look up to most in your life? This is one of the deep questions to ask a girl you like. You may want to ask a few questions that lead up to this one as you’re really asking her to open her heart and soul to you. 5. Do you have nicknames? Another one of the cute questions to ask a girl that will let her slowly open up to you.
6. How many siblings do you have? Asking questions about her family is a good one to let her know you’re interested in the important people in her life. 7. Morning person or a night owl? This is one of the general questions to ask a girl that gets you to a more intimate level of her life. You’re asking about her life habits essentially, one of the important personal aspects.
8. What do your parents do for a living? Again, focusing on some questions to ask a girl about her family will let her see you care about what matters to her. 9. What are 2 items on your bucket list? This is one of those deeper questions that allows her to open up about her dreams. This invokes good feelings in her which she relates back to you.
10. Have you ever kept a New Year’s resolution? Asking her about her resolutions is one of the good opening questions. 11. Where is your happy place? One of the deeper questions to ask a girl you like. This is asking her essentially to open up a secret space in her that likely nobody knows about.
She’ll feel good that she can share this part of herself with you. 12. What dish are you best at making? This question implies at a deep level that you want to do domestic things with her which is opening up the suggestion of something deeper happening between you two.
Also Read: 13. When’s your birthday? The simple question of when she was born should definitely be asked. If you’re interested in her, you should want to know when she was born. 14. Dogs or cats? A good question to allow her to give her opinion.
15. Do you think it’s the little things or grand gestures that count? Asking this question implies that you want to know what kind of gestures they will like, this offers a prelude to your thoughtfulness in a relationship.
16. Have you left the country? A question like this opens up her mind to possibilities she may not have considered before or it allows her to tell you about her adventures. 17. What fact about you surprises people the most?
This is a great question to get into her psyche and she will value that from you. You are reminding her that she is special and kind of mysterious too. Spontaneity is always going to make her smile. When she looks back at a time she was spontaneous, it may invoke those feelings in her. This is when she could potentially look across the table at you and think about being spontaneous with you.
20. If you could travel back to any one point in your life, what would it be? This is just a nice question that will invoke really good feelings in her. She is letting you into a perfect moment of her life and internally, she will associate that with you. 21. Tell me your fondest family tradition? To ask questions to a girl about her family will always show your care for her. When you ask about the traditions her family has, it translates to her wondering if you will fit into her family dynamics.
22. What was your favorite toy when you were little? You’re opening her up to her childhood memories which is always a good thing. Again, she will associate good memories to you. 23. What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten? You open her memory up to a part of her life where she learned a valuable lesson. Questions to ask a girl that opens up her past positive memories will create association to you. 24. What do you feel people take for granted most often?
This question allows her to open up about her disappointments and as you listen intently, she begins to find trust in you. 25. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Another childhood invoking memory coupled with a question about her dreams.
This is a double whammy of getting her to open up and feel special. 26. What was something that recently moved you? You are asking her to talk about her emotions which is both scary and beautiful at the same time. You may be giving her butterflies with questions like these which is good for your success to win her heart. 27. If you had a superpower what would it be? A cute question that will bring things down to a light and fluffy level if you’ve been hitting her with some heart opening questions.
28. What are you most passionate about? This is one of the big questions to ask a girl to invoke passion within her. It shows your desire to want to know her deeply.
29. What is your greatest strength? When you ask questions to a girl of this nature, you’re lifting her spirits.
You are also letting her know subconsciously that you want to learn more about her. This is so much more effective than just telling her you like her. 30. When did you last sing out loud to yourself or even to somebody else? A question like this will bring out a fun memory for her, it will get her smiling and laughing. Every moment you can make her feel good is a moment she will remember with you. 31. What would be your perfect day? Questions for a girl that allow her to freely tell you her feelings are great heart openers.
Asking her about her perfect day gives an impression that these are things you want to make happen for her. 32. Is there something that you really want to do but haven’t yet? It’s likely nobody has ever asked her this question and perhaps she’s never thought about it. When you investigate the deepest parts of her life, you are offering support and inspiration. You will be looking like the perfect potential partner. 33. What do you value in a friendship? This question lets her know that you care about the people she surrounds herself with.
34. If you were died today, what would you most regret not having someone someone? What’s the reason you’re holding back right now? This is one of the heavier questions to ask a girl that really opens up a piece of her heart. It may be difficult for her to open up to you so you will want to be careful as to when you ask the question. If she is resistant, you can open up to her by answering the question. The subject is heavy but it will bring the two of you closer together as she confides in you.
35. How important is love and affection to you? Asking her this question lets her know that this is important to you. You’ll have her opening up about love and affection which will open her eyes up to the possibility of that with you.
best important dating questions to ask a girl you re - 271+ [REALLY] Interesting Questions to Ask a Girl You Like! (Dec. 2018)
Questions to get acquainted with the girl you just met 1. What one word would your friends use to describe you? This is a great icebreaker question because it opens up the conversation without your crush having to come up with a super long answer. Remember, she’s probably just as nervous as you are. 2. If you could take me one place in your hometown, where would it be? Whether she still lives there or hasn’t visited in years, there’s probably one special place that she holds dear to her heart.
The type of place she chooses will tell you a lot about whether she’s more of an introvert or an extrovert. 3. What would your last meal be? What better way to get to know a girl than to ask her about her favorite food? Whatever her answer is, tuck it into your back pocket to pull out later when you want to cook her a romantic meal at home. 4. If you could travel anywhere in the world and cost weren’t an issue, where would you go?
This will tell you a lot about whether she’s the adventurous type or more of a homebody. It’s important that you two are compatible when it comes to travel because going on trips is something that brings a couple closer together.
5. Your house is on fire and you can only save three things. What are they? Are her answers more practical or materialistic? If you’re a guy who doesn’t like to waste money on extravagant things and she chooses clothes, jewelry, and makeup as her answer, you might want to move on before you get caught up in something you can’t handle.
6. What do you and your best friend like to do for fun? What they enjoy doing will be a good indication of the type of girl your crush is and what keeps her committed in all kinds of relationships. 7. What’s your favorite song from the decade you were born? One of the most sensitive questions to ask a girl you just met is their age. Spinning the question this way will give you a rough idea of her age without having to ask her outright.
8. First impression of me- what was it? Try not to take her answer too personally since most first impressions are all about physical appearance. Once you find out what first caught her eye you can work on emphasizing that feature. 9. What was your most embarrassing moment? It might be something as far back as high school or even something that happened last week. If she’s able to laugh at herself through the embarrassment that will give you a good idea of how well she handles the challenges that life throws at her.
10. Are you looking for true love? Knowing what your crush is looking for prior to the first date will give you clues on how to act around her.
If she’s just looking for a hookup, spending hours sending her sweet texts and buying her flowers will be a waste of time.
11. What annoys you most? Getting down to the nitty gritty of what drives her crazy will help you avoid becoming one of her pet peeves. 12. Would you rather watch a movie or take a hike? Is she more of an indoor enthusiast or a nature lover? You’ll be spending a lot of time together if you start dating so you want to make sure you have similar interests. 13. Do you believe in any spiritual beings? This may be a touchy subject, but knowing whether she believes in God or another spiritual being is important.
If your relationship turns serious, you’ll eventually be merging your lives together and this may play a very critical role in the future. 14. What quote do you try to live by? Most people have a quote or saying that they try to apply to their life. If your quotes are similar, you have a good chance of getting along. 15. Is there anything that really turns you on? Let’s face it- you’re looking to date this girl. That means you’ll eventually be getting to know her on a physical level.
You want to know what gets her going so that you’re both satisfied physically. 16. What is the worst thing an ex has ever done to you?
We’ve all been hurt in past relationships. It’s important you know what’s hurt her in the past so you don’t make those same mistakes. 17. Which family member are you closest to?
This is a good way to find out if her parents are still alive without having to ask the question outright. Family relationships can be a sensitive topic, but knowing who she’s closest to will give you a good indication of how important family is to her. 18. What’s the worst pickup line you’ve ever heard? Remember, you’re trying to impress this girl so knowing what turns her off will let you know what lines to avoid. No one wants to be that guy with the cheesy pickup lines.
19. Romance- how do you define it? Holding hands, a cute text, flowers and candy? Knowing how she defines romance will give you an idea of what to do to win over her heart. 20. Where are we going on our first date? A not-so-subtle way to ask her out, this puts her in the driver’s seat when it comes to the planning which will intrigue most girls and get her excited to go out with you.
Welcome! To bring you the best content on our sites and applications, Meredith partners with third party advertisers to serve digital ads, including personalized digital ads. Those advertisers use tracking technologies to collect information about your activity on our sites and applications and across the Internet and your other apps and devices. You always have the choice to experience our sites without personalized advertising based on your web browsing activity by visiting the , the , and/or the , from each of your browsers or devices.
To avoid personalized advertising based on your mobile app activity, you can install the . You can find much more information about your privacy choices in . Even if you choose not to have your activity tracked by third parties for advertising services, you will still see non-personalized ads on our site.
By clicking continue below and using our sites or applications, you agree that we and our third party advertisers can: • transfer your personal data to the United States or other countries, and • process your personal data to serve you with personalized ads, subject to your choices as described above and in .
7 Questions You Should Ask on a First Date