Whether you need cheap date ideas for college student, cheap date ideas for married couples or cheap date ideas for boyfriends, then this post has it covered! Whether it's Winter or Summer, listed here are 53 romantic and fun date ideas for if you're on a budget! Perfect for Valentines Day or if you're just frugal! #datenightideas #dateideas #cheapdateideas. Frank Coy.
100 Best Romantic Date Ideas 1. Go to a pumpkin patch. It’s autumn, it’s romantic, and then, at the end, you get to use knives in a fun way! 2. Go on a museum date. Art! And staring at things instead of talking.
3. Have dinner and see a movie. Eating food and watching someone tell you stories is a classic for a reason. 4. Take a long walk together. You don’t need a destination because you have each other. Aww. 5. Go on a picnic. Few things are more romantic than packing up an old-fashioned picnic.
If you’ve never done this, now’s the time. 6. Go strawberry picking. There’s something eternally cute about even the mere act of asking someone to go strawberry picking with you that you don’t even really have to go strawberry picking.
It still counts. 7. Go horseback riding. You both might get thrown from the horse and then you’ll get to spend your lives together in a hospital bed. So cute. 8. Go to a pottery class. One word, one movie: Ghost. 9. Go apple picking. Preferably you’re both wearing flannel and frolicking in leaves, and then later, cider happens!
10. Take a painting class. One word, one movie: Titanic. 11. Go blackberry picking. This probably happens because you’re both lost in the woods but that doesn’t take away from the romance. 12. Take a cooking class. One word, one movie. Ratatouille. (Surprisingly sweet love story there too!) 13.
Go to the opera. Anything you get to dress super fancy for is instant romance. Plus, singing! 14. Go to the ballet. Have you seen Black Swan? That could get romantic or deadly. Totally worth price of admission. 15. Go blueberry picking. You will get super dirty after this and then you can take a naked shower together. 16. Go waterskiing. It’s like regular skiing except with more water.
17. Grab drinks at a bar. Go to your favorite bar or a totally new bar or a bar you’d never go in. Mix it up! 18. Have a coffee date. It’s super casual and no one will puke on your shoes after. 19. Go to a party together. Maybe they’re your friends, maybe they’re mutual friends. Either way, you get out of the house and into someone else’s free booze. 20. Fly a kite.
This is surprisingly wonderful because no one ever does this and you feel a little bit like a kid again. Perfect.
21. Go to the beach. Gorgeous water, lots of sun, and both of you are kind of naked! 22. Go skiing. Because it’ll make you super cold, which gives you an excuse to warm each other up later. 23. Play kickball. Get a bunch of your friends, grab a ball, and hit the park for a simple, but super fun game you can tease each other about later.
24. Go to a bed and breakfast. It’s like a date inside someone else’s house! 25. Go to trivia night at a bar. What’s more fun than proving you know more than the person you’re on a date with? Nothing. 26. Go to a sports game. Watch other people win and lose and sit there and judge them.
27. Go to the park. Sit on a bench, lie in the grass. You’re already imagining yourself there right now and it feels cool, doesn’t it? 28. Go see a play. Even if it’s not good, it’s local theater. Sit in the back and make out. 29. Go to a water park. You’re kind of naked and there are slides! 30. Make out in the backseat of your car. It’s like you’re 16 again with no curfew and you actually know what you’re doing. 31. Go to a hookah bar. Because everything is fun when you’re high on whatever comes out of a hookah.
32. Go to a farmers’ market. As long as you’re not there just picking up groceries, it’s a pretty cute date. 33. Get brunch. There’s booze, there’s food, and you just woke up next to each other. What’s not great about that?
34. Go to the club. Dressing up like assholes, dancing like assholes, it’s a great time. 35. Go to a haunted house. If it’s scary, it’ll bring you closer. If it’s cheesy, you can make fun of it, which will bring you closer. Win-win. 36. Go to a workout class. The couple that fails at hip-hop dance together stays together. 37. Go birdwatching. If it gets boring you can just go have sex. 38. Go on a brewery tour. Usually there are beer samples so you can get drunk in a place that’s like a giant beer glass.
39. Go to a bookstore. You haven’t read that??? 40. Go to a record store. You haven’t heard that??? 41. Go to a cheese tasting. “Hmm, this one tastes slightly less gross than that one. How divine!” 42. Make dinner together.
This is great because even if it sucks, you made that mess together. 43. Bake together. Baking is harder than it looks, but flour fights could happen so it’s worth trying. 44. Go whale watching. Can’t see any whales? Oh well. You have each other. 45. Play Twister. You know how this ends. 46. Go to karaoke. Making fun of yourself is always a turn-on. And you will definitely do that.
47. Go antiquing. Who doesn’t love sitting on old chairs and hoping they don’t break? 48. Go to a zoo. Look at all those cute animals!
Sure, they’re also captive and sad but so cute! 49. Go to the botanical gardens. Gorgeous flowers everywhere make everything smell and look amazing. Nothing is better. 50. Play board games. Play Clue and stop midway through to figure out who took off your pants in the study. 51. Go bowling. If you hate bowling, there are always the pitchers of beer.
52. Play laser tag. Is this for kids? No. Well, yeah, but that doesn’t make it any less fun. 53. See a drive-in movie. It’s like a regular movie except inside a car. 54. Ride go-karts. Loser has to give the winner a (sensual) massage. 55. Take a hot air balloon ride. It’s like a cramped, romantic picnic… in the air. 56. Go ice skating. Classic. 57. Go to the roller rink.
Like a warm ice skating rink with lots more middle schoolers. 58. Take a flamenco dancing class. It’s more erotic than square dancing. 59. Sign up for Tough Mudder.
Some people think this is fun. 60. Go paintballing. Take out some of that pent-up aggression. 61. Take a horse and buggy ride. This is something classy people do. 62. Go to a concert. Go see some local band in your town or a giant arena show. 63. Go on a double date. Take any of these dates and do that with two more people. This list just became 200 date ideas. 64. Take a falconry class. This is the kind of date the Kennedy family would go on.
65. Go skeet shooting. Like hunting, but less violent. 66. Go to a vineyard and try wine tasting. It’s like you’re the guys in Sideways. 67. Book a dinner cruise. Boats are romantic. Dinners are romantic. This is double romantic. 68. Go skydiving. If you’ve got a death wish. 69. Try hangliding. If you’ve got a death wish but only kind of. 70. Rock climbing. As long as you have the upper-arm and leg strength. 71. See a comedy show. There’s a 25 percent chance you’ll actually see someone funny and a 100 percent chance you’ll get drunk meeting your drink minimum.
72. Go kayaking. It’s a great way to see the outdoors and smash into rocks at the same time, like a violent hike. 73. Head to an amusement park. Movies make these seem so romantic, but in reality, you’re going to lose $50 trying to win a giant stuffed penguin smoking a joint. 74. Go sightseeing. Take a day trip and check out all the exciting landmarks in a city near you (if you live in that city, sightseeing is basically illegal).
75. Rent a hotel room … and have crazy animal sex all night. 76. Check out a local film festival. This could be laughably terrible, or you could find some really cool off-the-radar films. Either way, you win. 77. Head to a convention.
See if something interesting is around and grab tickets for a day. There’s always something — tattoos, comics, music, etc. — around. 78. Crash a wedding. Maybe just the reception. Otherwise they have to pay for your meal, and that’s mean. 79. Take a paddleboat ride. Take a tour around a local lake with a paddleboat. 80. Go scuba diving. Alternatively, snorkeling. 81. Swim with dolphins. This will change your life. 82. Wait in line for the new iPhone. It’s going to be hours and you need the company.
83. Visit your hometown. Show your partner where you grew up. 84. Have an arcade date. Compete for the highest score. 85. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
You’re helping animals and spending quality time. 86. Pan for gold. The only date where you can actually make money. 87. Build a snowman. Feel free to sing that song from that movie. 88. Go sledding. 89. Go bobsledding. Like sledding but way more intense. 90. Take a pole dancing class together. This is sexy and funny (and a legit workout). 91. Go to Ikea and build a cabinet together. You might not call this a date, but getting through this together will make or break your relationship. 92.
Stay in and cuddle. Simple, yet effective. 93. Go to the circus. When was the last time you were at the circus? 94. Watch a sunset. Or, if you like waking up early, a sunrise. 95. Paint each other. Like, paint a picture of each other. Or, just paint on each other, I guess. 96. Go spelunking. Get your mind out of the gutter. It’s cave exploring. 97. See fireworks. Or make your own show (if you live in a state where it’s legal).
98. Go for a boat ride. It’s like going on a long drive, except on the water. 99. Go to a nude beach. Why be naked together in the comfort of your own home when you can be naked in front of a bunch of strangers? 100. Stare at each other. You’ve just been on 99 other dates. What else is left?
best interesting date ideas cheap romantic - Best 25+ Romantic dates ideas on Pinterest
Fun Cheap Date Ideas For Couples It’s that time of year again where we stress and over plan to show that special loved one how much they mean to us. Sure you can buy a 100 roses, wine and dine them before the theater, or take a trip to the mountains, but what’s special about that? In the spirit of Valentines, don’t make the day about celebrating the holiday, make it all about spending time together. This year instead of going all out, check out our ten cheap date ideas.
You don’t need to go big to show your love; going small and intimate is always the best way. As we grow up, most of us have a favorite movie. Doesn’t matter if it’s yours, your loved one, or one you two share together.
The point is that this movie makes you happy and you love nothing more than to share it with the most important person in your life. So why not set up for a special viewing? This is supposed to be done in the comfort of your home, so no need for expensive movie tickets and food. Not to mention dealing with people talking or crowded theaters. Depending on the main feature of the night, choose a theme that best works in the movie and your snacks.
So maybe if the movie is Snow White, you might make a Carmel Apple bar for your snack. Pick something that is sweet and easy to snack on as the movie goes. You could even plan out a few snacks, but try your best to keep the overall theme going. The best thing about this date is there are so many variables to make it special. You can have picnic on the floor, use a projector in the backyard, or curl up in bed and watch it in pure comfort.
Whatever you decided, just know this is going to be a date they will always remember. We all like those special, fancy dinners in dark restaurants. Usually they cost an arm and a leg and that is if you were smart enough to make reservations months in advanced.
Why not skip all that hassle, and work together to create your own three meal course. This is one of the best cheap romantic date ideas! Cooking together can be a lot of fun. As well as totally rewarding. Take time to plan what you guys want to make, go to the store together, and plan your night in. Grab some candles, turn on the music and enjoy your time together. Worst case, the meal turns out horrible and you end up laughing about it over pizza.
Just because the day is about your love, doesn’t mean we can’t take time to do stuff for others. Depending on your personality, nothing might make you happier than doing a good deed. So call up the local animal shelter, recreational areas, homeless centers, food pantry’s, or do some research and find a cause close to your heart. But whatever you two choose, choose it together. No matter who we are, we all live busy and crazy lives at times.
Why add to the already stress levels of our lives by feeding into the idea you have to go big for Valentine ’s Day. This holiday plan a special spa day for the two of you.
Spas can get very expensive and awkward if you’re a little shy or not use to one. Skip all that and search Pinterest to bring the Spa home.
You will be able to find some things that will fit with your style and tastes. Maybe all you need is some time in the Hot Tub with scented candles. Perhaps giving each other a massage will hit the right spot. No matter what you prefer, you can find tips to do it at home for half the cost.
Nothing gets the blood pumping and the body going like exercise. Why not plan an activity outside that will get you two moving? You two don’t have to share the same hobbies or be into the same things, but Valentine’s is all about spending time together. A fun activity to do is each person gets to choose an activity for you two to do together. For example if he is a golfer, then maybe you two go play miniature golf or a round of 18 on the course. If you like going for a walk, stroll around the neighborhood together.
Why fight through traffic, weather, and people to go somewhere special to celebrate, when you have an amazing time at your house. Grab the blankets, some wine or sparkling cider, and your loved one to snuggle together as you watch the sunset. Doesn’t matter if it’s from your porch or even just the lawn, nothing will be more romantic then just relaxing and chatting as the sun falls for the night. Even if you have been together for years, this date never gets old. Sometimes we just need to get out of the house and do something fun.
Why not take a trip to the past by dressing up and going out to an old Drive in Movie Theater. Go all out in your 50s/60s glam, pack the cooler, bring the blankets, and get ready to see a double feature. Drive-In Movie theaters are all the rage right now and once you go you will understand why. Have you noticed a bit of a trend?
We love snuggles and we love spending quality time with loved ones. That is why the best dates are the ones where you two just get to have time together and talk. Instead of the sunset, look to the stars.
You can enjoy the beauty and calmness of the night, looks for constellations, or just enjoy a picnic. Whatever the plan is, let the stars be your guide. We are all different people with different tastes.
Maybe you two are not super romantic or into snuggles. Maybe you love working together on cosplay, crafting, art, baking, or whatever your hobby is. So why not take time this Valentine’s and create a project together. It could even be something as simple as a bookcase for the house. No matter what it is, you wo will have fun doing it together. Hope we’ve inspired you with our list of cheap good date ideas for valentines day!
First dates can be filled with pressure, so why not plan dates that are fun and bring out your unique personality? There are endless options for date ideas and locations. However, there’s no need to go overboard or sign up for something you’re going to dread. The key is to focus on showing up as your best self by picking dates that allow you to shine and better manage jitters. Consider brainstorming for a first date together or at least contributing to the planning process by giving your date feedback and a sense of who you are, how you like to spend your time, and what you would feel comfortable doing during a first meeting.
Think through factors, such as weather, personal interests, logistics and timing (Which day of the week are you getting together? What time of day are you meeting?) when planning a first date.
Also consider the vibe you’d like to set and how much money you and/or your date feel is appropriate to spend on a first date. After evaluating the above factors, you’ll have a better sense of what types of first date ideas resonate with you. Next, go through the 12 first date ideas in this article, take note of what sounds exciting and most comfortable, and let the planning begin! | | | Let’s start this list off on the right foot with the top first date ideas, in general.
Have fun! 1. Comedy Club or Improv Show If you want to bring out your sense of humor, this is the perfect first date option for you. You can learn a lot about your date’s values and personality by . 2. Wine Tasting or Brewery Tour Spending time in a scenic vineyard or sipping beers post-brewery tour are fun, yet low-key, ways to get to know each other.
Drinking wine or beer can help calm the nerves, but be careful not to go overboard. Word of caution: Getting drunk together can interfere with your ability to determine if you’re a good match and taint how you feel about a potential partner, so go slow with your drinking and be smart.
3. Ballroom Dancing Sign up for a beginner dance lesson together and let the fun begin. Dancing is a valuable way to see if you have chemistry and can build teamwork without the pressure of keeping a conversation going.
Mastering a new skill together will also serve as a confidence builder and an icebreaker. Cute dates are often dates where you two spend the day or evening laughing and flirting, and you’re basically just giddy about getting to know each other. You’ll see what I mean with the following ideas. 4. Zoo or Aquarium Animal lovers are bound to connect over a zoo or aquarium date. You’ll have natural for getting to know each other while engaging in a fun activity together. 5. Museum or Art Gallery Showcase your history-loving, artistic, and intelligent qualities by visiting a museum or art gallery together.
Checking out an exhibit at your local museum will give you things to talk about. Use the displays to initiate dialogue while exploring each other’s personality and connecting intellectually and emotionally. 6. Art, Pottery, or Painting Class Learning a new skill while being creative is a fun start to a potential relationship.
The key is not to judge your artistic abilities (or your date’s) and instead focus on being present and free to be creative in ways that feel right to you.
You don’t have to empty your bank account just to go on some really awesome dates. Below are three affordable ideas that don’t skimp on the entertainment. 7. Hiking or Walking Enjoying nature plus engaging in on dating jitters. Soak in some sunshine and vitamin D while taking in the scenery or turn a walk around a city, waterfront or park into a romantic stroll.
Bonus: Bring your pup and see how your date gels with your beloved pet. 8. Ice Cream or Milkshake Date Meeting up for ice cream or a milkshake is not only a cheap first date idea, but it’s also cute and relaxed.
Doing something quick and easy, like getting ice cream, is a low-level type of commitment, and you can always extend the date if it’s going well. It’s more fun and not as overdone as a typical coffee date, yet it offers a low level of commitment and time, which can always be extended if you hit it off.
9. Ice Skating, Roller Skating, or Bowling Focusing on skating (and not falling) will take the pressure off maintaining a conversation.
Activity dates like these can be flirty and lead to some natural physical touching, which is valuable in detecting if you have chemistry. Bowling is another activity that can teach you a lot about your date in a casual and fun environment.
For example, is your date super competitive? Does your date laugh off mistakes? How does your date handle winning or losing? Does he brag or show signs of a sore loser? You can make any date romantic if you really think about it and put in a little bit of effort.
Here are some of the classics that you’re both sure to love. 10. Picnic in a Park or Garden Bring a blanket and picnic basket filled with goodies (snacks, fresh lemonade, wine and cheese, or a full meal) and get to know each other in a romantic, yet laid-back, atmosphere.
Focus on building genuine interest and conversation while enjoying the outdoors. Bonus: Watch the sunset or gaze at the stars for an extra boost of romance. 11. Nice Dinner While this may feel overdone or considered boring by some, you can’t go wrong with meeting for a nice dinner and getting to know each other over a delicious meal. You really can’t go wrong with a candlelit dinner. Dinner dates may create more pressure to maintain eye contact and keep a conversation going, but they also work well as an opportunity to and attracted to each other.
Hint: You can learn a lot about someone by how he or she treats the restaurant staff. 12. Cooking Class It’s romantic to mix ingredients, help each other create a recipe from scratch and taste new delicious foods together.
Cooking together can feel a bit like “playing house” (in an exciting way) while making a memorable meal and building skills as a potential couple. Other first date ideas that didn’t make the list include cheering on a sports team, attending an outdoor concert or jazz club, playing arcade games, volunteering together, and rock climbing.
As you can see, there are endless first date ideas that are cute, fun, lighthearted, and budget-friendly. The key is to create an environment and energy in which you can get to know each other in enjoyable ways and show up as your most confident, relaxed selves.
About The Author Rachel Dack is a licensed clinical professional counselor (LCPC) and relationship coach specializing in individual and couples psychotherapy. Rachel's areas of expertise include relationships, dating, mindfulness, anxiety, depression and self-esteem. To connect with Rachel or to learn more about her psychotherapy and relationship coaching services, please visit or follow her on , , , and .
Buy her book "" on Amazon. Disclaimer: Great efforts are made to maintain reliable data on all offers presented. However, this data is provided without warranty. Users should always check the offer provider’s official website for current terms and details.
Our site receives compensation from many of the offers listed on the site. Along with key review factors, this compensation may impact how and where products appear across the site (including, for example, the order in which they appear).
Our site does not include the entire universe of available offers. Editorial opinions expressed on the site are strictly our own and are not provided, endorsed, or approved by advertisers.
65 Cute Date Ideas // Things To Do When You're Bored