Looking for unique, romantic date ideas for your next date night? From first date ideas to anniversary date ideas, The Knot has you covered!. In the beginning, a good date idea sets the scene to break the ice and help you make a connection with someone. Whether it's the movie you saw, the food you ate, or the place you visited, it's important to have an enjoyable experience and continue to get to know each other, says Dr. Jane Greer, New York–based marriage and family therapist and author of What About Me?
Now that you've cleared the awkward small talk of a , there's room to get creative on the second. Yes, you *could* play it safe and opt for a traditional dinner. Buuuut it always pays to think outside the box and take risks: a new shared experience can draw out details about your date you wouldn't discover, say, chatting over a three-course meal.
Click ahead for ideas on how to branch out on your next date night. View Gallery 53 Photos If you want a less stuffy environment than a dinner setting, where there's mimosas a'plenty and no pressure to stick around for the rest of the day, try going for a day date for brunch on the weekend. For fellow angsty people, you can at least get the date out of the way and then go about your day instead of sweating it until evening.
Even if you're not exactly blessed with great balance, you and your date can at least keep each other upright with a couple's skate at your nearest roller skating rink. This one's not for those who get easily embarrassed, but if you let your adventurous side come out, it's guaranteed to be a fun time.
best unique date ideas - 52 Creative Second Date Ideas
Date numero uno is all about the conversation and bonding: sometimes it's a make-it-or-break-it evening. But if all the restaurant reservations and silence-filled movie hours of your typical date just ramp up your anxiety, get inspired to think outside the box with a host of other creative options that will set a more inviting mood.
View Gallery 51 Photos We take our sense of humor very seriously. If they laugh at the cringeworthy joke the rest of the room feels they *have* to laugh at, you’ll get a good glimpse into what their values are. (Okay, it’s not always that serious, but still.) Even if you’re not trying to find out their beliefs, it’s always fun to share a laugh with somebody new.
When you're both book nerds, a day spent browsing your local bookstore is the ideal set-up to get you bonding over your favorite titles.
It also allows you to give each other suggestions on what to read next. Just making sure you're not getting too lost among the shelves that you're not paying attention to your date.
If you want to breeze through an hour or two on a date while getting some shopping in, invite your date to a flea market with enough activities so you'll never get bored. Large flea markets like in L.A. and Brooklyn typically involve shopping, food, and drinks so you can catch up over an iced coffee or peruse the tents together. This one's a definite time commitment, so you might want to get to know each other over a drink or meal before heading over to a concert.
But the perks of an outdoor show, especially if you both love the band, are the good vibes. If there's space on the lawn pack a blanket or get up close and personal in the pit.
Let’s face it, it’s hard to come up with unique date ideas that are more than a “dinner and a movie” date night. This is the typical date night all couples seem to resort to, which is great every once and awhile. However, sometimes you both are looking for something different. A little more fun and interesting. I recommend reading through all of these 52 unique date ideas to find your absolute favorites… but if you’re looking for something specific, you can click the links below to jump to that section: Contents OUR LATEST VIDEOS 10 Best Unique Date Ideas There are a lot of date ideas that may come up over the course of a relationship.
Sometimes it’s hard to narrow down something really fun and unique. We have got you covered with our list of the best . Here are the 10 best unique date ideas: 1. Rock Climbing Wall Show her you have an adventurous side and take her rock climbing. You’ll be able to show off your 2. Go to an Amusement Park Let out your inner child together and head to that good ‘ol amusement park your parents used to take you to. 3. Test the limit of your compatibility in an Escape Room.
Not only is this a great date idea, but you will be able to test your team work in fun and interesting situation too! 4. Stargaze at a planetarium. Gaze into the known universe at a planetarium and, if she is up to it, get into a about our planet and maybe life on others. 5. Become amateur photographers. Photography gives you a great opportunity to document all of your time together and re-live it later on in life.
6. Go back to where it all began. This is perfect for a couple who has been dating for awhile. Go back to the first place you met or that first date spot. It’s a great way to reminisce. 7. Take a Helicopter Ride One of the more “expensive” dates on the list, but if you have the means, it could make for the most memorable experience you share together.
8. Explore a New Coffee Shop Spend some time having a really over a great cup of joe at your new favorite coffee shop. 9. Visit the Casino If you are feeling really adventurous, try your luck at the casino. When one of you hit it big, take a trip to a place you’ve always wanted to go. 10. Take a Segway-Riding Tour You’ll both be able to laugh at each other while wearing those silly helmets AND you will also be learning something new together.
6 Unique First Date Ideas Nothing beats an unforgettable first date. Coming up with fun and interesting first date ideas can be a challenge, however. Skip the ice cream in the park and try something a little more unique. Here are some great first date ideas. Here are 6 unique first date ideas to think about before you take her out: 11. Breakfast date Instead of your standard “dinner date,” try taking her out for everyone’s favorite meal: Breakfast.
Get to know her over a hot cup of coffee, bacon and eggs; sunny-side up. 12. Find a weird museum to go to World’s Biggest Pencil Museum? The Dog Collar Museum? There are a variety of weird museums to experience together. One thing is for sure, she will never forget this first date. 13. Hit the slopes Love to ski/snowboard? Radical. It’s okay if she doesn’t know how, take this opportunity to teach her.
It’ll be a date she never forgets. 14. See what you can find at the flea market Thrift store and flea markets are all the craze nowadays.
Try playing a game of who can find the most unique item at the market. 15. Take a boozy tour So many big cities have bicycle beer tours or pub crawls. Find one in your local area and take her on a tour of the city while enjoying a few cold ones. 16. Take a peek at homes in your community during real estate open houses.
Feeling a bit more daring? Pretend to be a rich couple looking to buy a new home in a prominent area. That is sure to get your hearts racing.
6 Unique Second Date Ideas The second date might even be more important than the first. You want to impress her again, by one-upping the previous date. She will be blown away by the time and effort you put into the date.
That being said, you should have some that will outdo your first. You have already impressed with a date she will never forgot, how could you ever top it? It can be stressful to figure out, so we are here to help. Try these 6 unique second date ideas: 17.
Attend a podcast taping. If you both share an interest in podcasts why not see how one is made? It could make for an interesting experience that she has never done before. 18. Impress them with your karaoke skills Can’t sing? That’s okay. She is sure to be impressed by your bravery to get on stage. It’ll be worth it; those few embarrassing moments of scream singing “Don’t Stop Believing.” 19. Celebrate the sports with food Are you both avid fans of your hometown sports team?
Perfect! Grab some great food and cheer them on together, whether on the couch, at the bar or at the game itself, it’s the perfect way to show each other your team spirit. 20. Head to a ~secret~ music gig You hear about them all the time: a great band, playing a small intimate show somewhere in your town. Find out where and share an amazing first concert together, one she will never forget.
21. Instead of dinner out, cook something easy together Save some cash and spend some quality time together by cooking at home. There are endless options for you to make and she will appreciate a more thought out and intimate evening over dinner out any day.
22. Check out a baseball game (the cheap seats will do) Even if they are “nosebleeds,” it’ll be fun to get outside and sing “Sweet Caroline” during the 7th inning stretch. 8 Unique Double Date Ideas To spice things up even further, try going on a double date.
This will add more back and forth throughout the group and should keep things light and interesting. If you are planning the date, you are going to want some killer to impress everyone attending. Blow them away with some of these options. Here are 8 unique double date ideas to share with other couples: 23. Play laser tag One of the best ways to get moving and to keep everyone involved right off the bat.
24. Build a tree house. If you have the time, take team building to the next level by assembling an old fashioned treehouse. Not only will you be able to reminisce on those fun clubs or hideouts you had as kids, you will also have a new hangout for everyone to enjoy together when you are finished. 25. Visit an auction A perfect chance to play a game of who can win the most ridiculous item.
Or simply try and win some cool stuff that you could all use together in the future. 26. Play as teams on board game night One of the classics, but a great chance for everyone to get to know each other in a more intimate setting.
27. Sign up for a murder mystery dinner theater Generate your inner Sherlock Holmes and work together to find out “who done it?” 28. Compete in a bar trivia night Put your heads together and try to walk away winners of a local trivia night. You might just find that someone has a very in-depth knowledge of 80’s pop culture.
29. Hit up the renaissance fair for a medieval good time Dress up, grab a turkey leg and watch some good old-fashioned jousting in honor of the Queen. It’s okay to get a little goofy as you relive the days of yore.
30. Get ~spooky~ at a haunted house Forget how afraid you were of Freddy Kruger growing up, because this is the perfect opportunity to comfort her as you make your way through the dark and creepy house. 5 Unique Date Night Ideas After you have been dating for awhile, things might seem to get a bit stale.
And that’s okay, because that happens to everyone. You will just need a few great unique night ideas to put some fire back into your lives and breakaway from the daily routine. Here are 5 unique : 31. Think seasonal by carving pumpkins or going to look at lights Get into the holiday spirit and carve some pumpkins or take a stroll to look at Christmas lights in your town. Use the season to your advantage and plan a date accordingly. 32. Chuckle at a comedy show .
So is laughing together. 33. Check out a live music venue Search around for a great live music venue in your city and make a habit of checking out the live music. 34. Play at Target Remember playing with all the toys you could find at the department store while your mom was shopping? Now is your chance to relive those moments of pure joy as an adult. 35. Embrace your DIY side. Build something together. Whether it’s simple crafting or building furniture, spending the quality time working together is sure to grow your relationship.
5 Unique Cheap Date Ideas Not every date has to break the bank. Sometimes the simple dates are the most unique date ideas and is what will win her over in the end. She will appreciate your ability to have a good time spending little to no money.
That is why it is important to have some in your back pocket, just in case you need a break from the “night out.” Here are 5 unique cheap date ideas to save you some cash: 36. Admire the masterpieces at an art gallery. If there is an art gallery in your local town chances are it is free or relatively cheap. This is perfect for a day trip out of the house and you both get a little culture as well. 37. Play in the Snow It might seem childish, but playing in the snow (snowball fight, sledding, etc.) is some of the best fun you can have during the winter season.
Plus, you can find everything you need right in your backyard. 38. Yoga in the Park You can both work on building lean and healthy bodies together while becoming more in tune with each other’s spirit as well. 39. Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen Get together and give back to those less fortunate, you’ll both walk away feeling like you did some good in the world.
40. Try Ice Fishing Ice fishing will give you the opportunity to keep each other warm in the cold weather while also catching dinner for the evening. 7 Unique At Home Date Ideas If going out seems like a lot of work, that’s because it is. Sometimes the best date nights happen right at home. You might not think that there are any that would be exciting enough for the both of you, but you would be surprised.
Here are 7 unique at home date ideas for when you decide to stay in: 41. Redo a Room Have you been wanting to redo your spare room for awhile? Well now is the perfect opportunity to change the whole thing and make it a perfect shared space. 42. Interview each other A perfect way to learn some things you you might not already know. Plus, this could open doors to wonderful conversations with a variety of topics. 43. Decorate a Christmas Tree together Another perfect date for the holiday season, decorating the tree can be a fun intimate way to spend time together.
44. Have a Video Game night. Pull out your old Nintendo 64 and test your skills in Mario Kart. Video games have become widely accepted by the all genders and ages. 45. Write out the story of how you met (and fell in love).
Not only a great way to make a date night more meaningful, but you will also have those stories to share with your families for years to come.
46. A Year In Review. Take this opportunity to look back on your year together, highlighting your favorite moments. 47. Catch a Sunrise (or sunset). What a romantic way to start (end) your day. Be sure you share some thoughts of why she is so special to you in that special moment. 5 Unique Anniversary Date Ideas Celebrating your anniversary is a special time to look back and celebrate your time together.
That being said, an anniversary can be more than dinner and drinks at your usual spot. She will appreciate you surprising her with some new and unique that should would never expect. Here are 5 unique anniversary date ideas: 48. GO “SKYDIVING” Are you or you S.O. afraid of heights? Use this time to conquer your fears and show her you’d do anything for her… even jump out of a plane. 49. Stay At A Bed And Breakfast Even if it’s one in your town, a cozy BnB can be used as the perfect anniversary getaway.
50. Revisit Your First Date Spot Surprise her with a walk down memory lane and reminisce on how nervous you were during your first date. 51. Head to the archery range Guns not your thing?
Let out your inner Robin Hood at a nearby archery range. Make it a fun competition to see who can get a bullseye, or split two arrow like Robin Hood. 52. A romantic cabin at the top of the mountain Get away from technology for a weekend and focus on the beauty of the nature around you.
More Great Date Ideas • Seeking something a little more adventurous? Try these . • If you are having trouble figuring out a date to really impress her, here’s a . • Need to make the first date really count? Here are the best . How To Pick A Unique Date Idea: 3 Steps Here are 3 awesome steps to choosing a unique date idea: Step #1: Figure out what she is into. It’s important to pick a date that you know (or could guess) that she will enjoy.
If she does not like clowns it would be unwise to take her to a carnival. If she like animals the zoo or aquarium would be a great place to start. Step #2: Be prepared. It might be a no-brainer, but if you plan a picnic you will want to bring all of the essentials with you.
If you are going to the park you might want to bring a jacket. You might look a bit foolish if you forgot the one thing to make the date work. Step #3: Have fun. The most important thing is, no matter what you are doing for your date, make sure you are having fun.
If she sees that you are stressing out and not enjoying the time together it will make her feel uneasy. Let looses and have a good time. Conclusion Now that you have the most unique date ideas at your disposal, every date should feel new and refreshing! Whether you are going on a first date, second date or celebrating your 20th anniversary, you’ll have a full arsenal of date ideas that will keep impressing her time in and time out.
The BEST First Date Ideas EVER!